Monday, January 1

Jan. 1st 2007-New Years Day

Hi, Well this is my very first post-blog... I thought I would start the new year with a journal of some kind and so this is what I am doing. Life has been good to our family this last year. My husband has a good job, we live close to my family, have good friends in our ward and community, and my two kids are wonderful. We also are expecting another child any day now. I am due the 17th of Jan. and the sex of the baby is going to be a surprise. I am more excited to find out what we are having then anything else. The children are also excited to know if they have a brother or sister. My son thinks it is a boy and my daughter thinks it is a girl.

Christmas was a blast. We spent it at my parents house and with all my sisters and their husbands and children. So much noise and liveliness. We didn't get anything for my parents for Christmas because we wanted to redo a bathroom up stairs for them. They left for the fiesta Bowel on Friday and will not return till Thursday the 4th so we have been working on that bathroom all week. Yesterday, Ket, kids and I went over to their house and helped my sister Brandi and Ku (who are living there) paint, put in Wainscoting, etc. It was a very long day. We got there at noon and didn't leave until 9:00pm. Part of the problem is that because it is my parents house, we didn't have all the right tools. I have no idea where my dad keeps things. That is why it took so long. My husband had to work that night at 11:00pm till 7:00am. Then he had to work from 3:00pm till 111:00 tonight. So I have not seen him at all since yesterday. But that is what happens when you are the manager. You are the one filling in for people who call in or don't show up.

I am excited for my parents to come home and see the new bathroom, it will look really good. On Tuesday, the tile guy will put down the tile and then we will just have to finish the rest. My cousin re-textured the walls for us. That was really nice of him. A lot more work has gone into this then what we thought it would. I think that is how projects always start, with an idea, small plan and then they turn big and expensive. But it is a Christmas present for my parents, so I am sure that it will be fine.
Well today has not been a very exciting day. The kids have been playing with their Christmas toys and I have been just hanging out. I was not feeling very good. I think I am getting a cold. I hope not. I really feel bad as it is, I am so tried already. I feel bad when the kids watch a movie or watch TV for the first half of the day. They didn't have breakfast until 9:30am and then lunch at 1:30pm. I am still in my pj's and so are they. Well my daughter has put on some dress up clothes, but that is it. I should get up and start dinner. But Ket won't be home until tonight, so more then likely we will have pancakes for dinner. That is just easy and the kids love it.
So how do you sign off on these things? I suppose anyway you want to right. So I will just say bye for now.

No comments: