Sunday, February 17

One Week.

As I sit here thinking how I can express my thoughts on this subject I am not sure I can. It has been one week since the passing of my Cousin Andy. He was only 23 when he died. It was a tragic car accident. I think that when it is so sudden like that, it is very hard to deal with it. I knew him all his life. They lived in Hells Canyon growing up...we would go visit this wonderful family. His mom is my mom's sister. That made us pretty close, we got see them a lot. He had an older Brother and a Twin sister. After I left for school, I didn't see him that much and in fact in the last five years or so, I would have to say I only saw him at family functions.I remember thinking wow, he grow up fast. He got so tall, had an amazing smile, beautiful eyes, he had long hair and natural curl that any girl would envy, and to top it off, the personality of someone who really wanted to know what was going on with you in your life. He was as honest and kind, down to earth, good-natured kind of a person.I can not say that I remember one memory in particular of him, I just remember HIM. I remember how he looked when we were little, how fun he was, always showing me something...I remember that he loved the outdoors and how I thought it was so gross that he would go hunting with his dad and brother. I can remember the house that we visited and where his room was, the couch we would sit on to talk, the back pouch and the big trees, it seemed to me that the grass had a little hill that we would roll down. I just remember spending time with all the family. We called him Andyman. He could do anything...and he would prove it.The funeral was on Saturday...It was standing room only. There were a lot of people that Andy had touched. They had a slide show that showed him growing up...that is what I remember. I may not have known that man-Andy as much as I would have liked, but I knew the little boy that created the man. I loved him and will miss him. Here is what it said in the paper...(minus last names)
Andy passed away February 10, 2008 in a tragic car accident.
He was born August 21, 1984 in Boise, Idaho to loving parents Keith and Vikki along with his twin sister Kendall. Andy is survived by Grandparents O. and Shirley S. and Bill and Bobbi D., parents Keith and Vikki, wife Elizabeth and step-daughter Emily, twin sister Kendall and her husband Josh M., brother Matt and his wife Lydia, nephew Trygg, and much more extended family.
He spent his earliest years in Eagle, Idaho as a tiny little guy overflowing with heart and goodness with a smile that would not stop. The family moved to Swan Falls, Idaho, then Hagerman, Idaho, and then to Oxbow, Oregon in Hell’s Canyon. Andy attended Kindergarten through graduating High School in Halfway, Oregon where he learned to laugh, love, and appreciate the outdoors. After High School, Andy moved back to Boise, Idaho and went to work for Idaho Sand and Gravel as a heavy equipment operator. After just a short time, He entered the Plumbers and Pipefitters Union local #296 and began an apprenticeship program that he enjoyed and excelled in.
There are no words to express the amount of heart and intensity Andy led his entire life with. His love, his heart, his eyes, his smile, his entire aura was magnetic and he was loved by countless people. When his cousin heard the news, she said, “Why does God always take the best ones?” We won’t know this until we meet him again in Heaven.
Andy led a rich life in the 23 years he spent here with us. He was an eagle scout, an accomplished outdoorsman, a loving father and husband, a valued brother to many, and a true friend to all he met. He will be sorely missed by all of us.

6 comments:

tutu with love said...

Beautiful Nicloe

ginger said...

you always have the right thoughts, and the right words on expressing exactly how you feel. thank you for all you say.

steph said...

Nicole - I am sorry about the loss of your cousin. He sounds like he was a wonderful guy. I cannot imagine losing someone that young... I cannot imagine how his mother feels and I cannot imagine how his twin sister is doing. If I lost my twin sister... I don't know how I would cope. I pray the Lord will comfort you and your family during this hard time.

Amanda B. said...

Nicole- I'm so sad for you and your family. What a hard thing to go though. You will be in my thoughts.

Patria said...

That was a beautiful tribute. It's so easy to see that he is a wonderful person- its in his face and the way he lived his life here. I'm sorry for your family's loss, its so hard to think about why people like him have to be taken away from us early.

Amy said...

I am truly sorry for your loss. I have lost too many loved ones in my lifetim and all I can say is that I am so thanfull for my knowledge of the gospel. It doesn't take the pain away, but it sure helps you get through it. You gave him a beautiful tribute.