Sunday, April 11

A little late, but hay...

So It is a Week ago today that One of the most important days of the year happened. The day we celebrate new life, the resurrection of Christ, and the Atonement. As the week has gone by and I look back on last Sunday, did I really teach my children the importance of what Easter is really about. Do they only look at Easter as a day that the Easter bunny comes and they get lots and lots of chocolate. I hope not. We had a family home evening lesson on The resurrection of Christ. Jesiah, ate up everything we talked about... Kassia got about 75% of what we talked about, Kasen maybe 10%, he is to busy moving all over the place along with Jaren. Jaren got even less, he liked the pictures of Jesus and that is about it.

On Sunday I wanted to do the Resurrection Rolls,
but since we were at my moms house and it was conference, it never happened. I guess I will make goals for next year.
So in the morning the kids got their Easter baskets. They each got one small toy, a chocolate hallow rabbit, and some eggs filled with candy. I also decided that they get too much candy so I made Muddy Buddies to put in the plastic eggs. I think I will do this every year. They loved them and ended up putting them into a bowel and adding milk. Eating it just like cereal! LOL! I thought that was cute. So they got a little bit of nutrition with all that chocolate!
We had an egg hunt for all the cousins after the last conference, and then an Easter dinner with ham, green bean casserole, Mormon Potatoes, carrots with a orange sauce, and Jewish sweet bread. Krystal made the dessert a truffle. All of it was so good. It is always fun to be with family, my sisters, and their husbands and all the kidos. Here are some pictures.

I had to stop Jesiah just to take a picture, he was on a mission to collect the most eggs.



All of my kids after the egg hunt, notice Jaren has candy already in his mouth... I think it might be the third piece he is eaten.



Jaren discovered there was candy in them eggs, he had to stop and open it up!

Kassia stops for a smile!

Kasen sure has a lot of eggs, he loves gathering them!




All the cousins together!

One of my favorite People, My Aunt Della!


Another one of my favorite People, My Grandma Mairs!


The End!


Muddy Buddy Recipe:
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
9 cups Chex cereal
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar1.
In 1-quart microwaveable blow, mix chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Microwave uncovered on High 1 minute, stir. Microwave 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla.

2. In large bowl, place cereal. Pour chocolate mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon food-storage plastic bag. (I use a trash bag)

3. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. pour into container in refrigerator. (we put it into a bowel and eat right from the bowel)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Love the picrtures- I always wonder the same thing about the true meaning of the holidays:) We did ressurection rolls the monday before Easter for FHE!

Thanks for the muddy buddies recipe!

Oh and yes, it does seem like only yesterday little Jesiah was toddling around TVA and we were dying Easter eggs and having so many RS meetings! Those were the good ol' days!

Nicole said...

Amy-
Did your kids like the Resurrection rolls? Did you like them?