So Kasen is five days old now. I thought there was blood in his urine so I took him to the doctors office to find out. Well, it turns out that he is not getting enough to eat. That he is not latching on right. So then I had to go over to a lactation specialist and she was able to help. Basically I just have to keep pulling him off when he is not sucking right. I can tell the difference because you can hear him swallow the milk. I also have to pump when he is done so that my milk does not dry up, and last supplement to make sure he has the energy it takes to eat from me. It does take a lot of energy and it is hard work but we will make it. I am glad that I have an action plan to get over this hump. With the last two kids, the doctors were just not pro-active about it at all and so I was able to breast feed them very long, if at all. I am glad I have a new doctor. She is awesome.
The kids came back today, I sure did miss them. They look so much older to me. That is probably because I have a small little baby now, and they look so big. They love their little brother. They couldn't stop holding him. It was nice to have every one home tonight.
Tomorrow it is back to the hectic life, Jesiah has preschool and Kassia has dance. I guess that is not bad, at least it is just that. It is time for the little one to get up and I need to try and find or pump. Good night for now.
1 comment:
Hey Nicole, I am glad that you were able to find a Lactation specialist. Good luck with all the work of nursing. also, if you need me to come and get the kids. Good luck being a mom of three.
Post a Comment