Thursday, February 15

VALENTINE'S DAY

Today was a very rainy and cloudy day. Not much happened today. It would have been the perfect day to curl up with a good book and just read all day. Alas, my life will not permit me to do that, not for a while. I am sure that one day it will slow down enough for that to happen. My Mom came over from Ontario yesterday. She spent the night here. It was really nice of her. This allowed Ket and I to go out together and she stayed with the kids. I left Kasen for the first time. It is weird how with Jesiah it was months before I would leave him, and with Kassia it was a little better, I think she was two months before I left her. But with your third...it is alright. Not even six weeks old and I can leave him for a couple of hours...That is ok right?
Well it was sure nice to get out with Ket, just the two of us. We went to dinner and then I helped him clean the seminary building. By the time we were done with dinner it was about 9:30pm and then I was getting tried. I don't know what else we could have done. So we cleaned so he wouldn't have to later on that night. Then we did a tour of a new hotel in the area. The Candlewood Suites. It was an ok hotel. They close their lobby at 11pm. That is different. No walk in quests for them after this time. But the rooms were a good rate. I would stay there with my family if we didn't get good rates through Ket's work and connections. All and all it was a good night. Fun to be out. I am glad that my Mom decide to come over.
Today we just hang out. I didn't have that much to do, so it was ok. I felt like I was feeding Kasen all day. He would not sleep if someone was not holding him. Usually I can put him down and get some things done while he is sleeping. Not today. I tried putting him down and he always woke up. He just was a little grumpy today. Or off schedule. I am not sure. These kind of days are very tiring. I am glad Mom was here to hold him most of the time.
Yesterday for Valentine's day the kids and I made a whole bunch of harts and then went to Ket's office and put them up all over. They had so much fun. We thought he was in a meeting and then we were going to wait until he got out, but we found out he had left for the day. So he got to see them today. He said he was really surprise and it was very nice. Jesiah and Kassia didn't tell him. I was sure they would mess up and tell Ket that we were at his work and he was not there. That is all they talked about on the way home. And that is the first thing they told Tutu (my Mom) this morning when they woke up. How fun for them to decorate his office with hearts.
Well I better go the little one has been crying for a couple of minute now. I just wish he would go to sleep. He was asleep, and then I laid him down and then he was awake in like ten minutes. What is up? Better go bye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am glad mom came over so you and Ket could go out. Sounds like you and Ket had a very nice night out. Not a whole lot to do, but a nice release from the norm. I am sure that you can get Kasen back on a schedule soon, and he will be sleeping better.