Sunday, April 1

Swing Set!!!

So the Doctor visit went really well for Jesiah. He is in the 90% for height and 75% for weight. A tall skinny boy. He has perfect eye site. Which is just amazing to me, I have to wear contacts and so does Ket. I have had bad eyes since first grade. I wonder how long it will last before our kids have to wear glasses. When Jesiah was taking the eye test, he could see things that even i couldn't see with my contacts on. Crazy...
As for the Bed Wetting, the doctor said that she usually doesn't recommend pills or alarms until they are at least eight years old. When they turn eight it becomes more of a social thing and that is when they become more motivated to change, and their body has caught up with them a little. Like their bladder is stronger and they produce more of the chemical that helps them to wake up when they have to go to the bathroom at night. So I am in this for at least two more years of changing wet sheets. I am not sure if I want to get pull ups. One night I made Jesiah wear one of Kassia's pull ups just because I was so tried of washing the two sheets that I have for his bed. Well he wasn't dry in the morning, but the sheets were. The next night he had peed through the pull up. So what do I do? But the biggest thing that I came away from the doctor was to just make it ok, and a part of his life. He can not control whether he is wet or dry in the morning. So either way not a big deal. He stripes his own bed, and then helps me make it after I washed the sheets. So that is it. Patience is something I will take away from this...

I am so excited. On Monday we got a call from Wal-mart and they said that our Swing set was finally in...we have been waiting for about three weeks. So we went and got it. Then we got to put it together the entire week. We only spent about three hours a day working on it. But on Friday it was all together. The kids love it. They have spent all weekend playing on it. I AM SO HAPPY!!!

On Saturday my Dad came over to Boise with the trailer. We loaded up our fridge and took it over to Mountain Home. Brandi and Ku loaded up the rest of their things from the house they have their. We traded fridges with them, and we also bought their washer and dryer. It took about six hours to finish everything. But we have a new washer and dryer and fridge now. Awesome. I can not imagine what it would be like to sell your whole life. But they get to go to HAWAII for school. I would go back to those days in a hart beat. Being poor in Hawaii, going to school, living in a community with a bunch of couples in the same stage of life as you. You are family because your real family is so far away. There is something about Hawaii and the people that will always be special to me. And it was so SIMPLE...life and everything else. Bored, go to the beach....doesn't cost a thing!!! Enough about that. I am jealous. Can you tell.

2 comments:

LollyGirl said...

awesome swing set!!

your sis IS lucky! wasn't that the life?! such great memories!!

about the bedwetting--I say, simplify as much as you can and if buying pull-ups means not have to wash extra sheets--by all means buy them! the only time I get frustrated by the bedwetting is when the sheets get wet night after night. then I finally discovered, goodnights. they're nightime pull-ups made by pampers I think and they don't leak!!! (as long as you get the right size--I get S-M).
my parents did not make a big deal about the bedwetting but I think as you get older you feel bad enough about it yourself. my siblings hated it though because after I wet my bed, I'd go to someone else's bed and wet theirs. go for the "goodnights."

Anonymous said...

is that your swing set? it is so awesome. No wounder Alec wanted to go outside and play the other night.