Thursday, May 3

Beauty & the Beast

Last night we went to the play Beauty & the Beast at the Morison Center. It was really good, and the kids loved it. I made them both take naps during the day so they would be ok for the late night. Kassia was so cute, she was really afraid of the Beast. She would shake when he came onto the stage. I had to hold her tight and tell her it would be ok. Since I had worked on the backdrop, it was interesting to watch the play, all I could do was look at the backdrop, and think things like, I missed a spot or that wood grain looks really good... How funny is that. I am going on Friday night and Saturday day to help back stage. I really like being involved. It is fun. Jesiah's favorite part is when the village people fought with the haunted Castle's servants. He was jumping off his seat cheering them on. It was cute to see. Kassia said her favorite part is when Belle had on the yellow dress, and was dancing with the Beast (because the Beast is nice now).

Well my Sister, Krystal is have a girl. She is due in September. I am excited for her. Another girl in the family will be wonderful. She wants to borrow Kassia's clothes. I think that is awesome.

So I watched the PBS Documentary on The Mormons...I thought it was ok, I didn't think that it was particular good. I think they talked to much about the negative of the Church. For instance, did they need to go into what happens when someone is excommunicated from the Church...or women and the priesthood. But I guess everything has it negative when you look for it. I wonder what people thought about the documentary that are not members of the Church. Was if good or bad? I did learn more about the Mountain Meadow Massacre. But what about the Utah war, or what about the Mormon Battalion and San Fran? There was a lot that was missed, but we do have a complex History. So tell me what you thought...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so agree about the documentary. I think they missed some very important info. Some things they down played, like the Hans Mill. And up played like the Mountain Meadow. I think they did okay with protraying us, but it defentaly lacked in a lot of areas.

Beauty and the Beast sounds fun. I think Alec would have loved going to that one too. When we watch the movie, he also likes the same parts that Jesiah likes...boys. :)