So guess what...My little boy started school this week. cry...cry...cry...Yes, this week, on Wednesday. I know it is early, but he is going to a year round school. It is a math and technology school. I get to take him to school and then he gets to ride the bus home. Today I was so worried that I had missed the bus. If I am not outside waiting for the bus, then they take him back to the school and I have to go get him. But they were just really late, it is only the second day. Yesterday when I took him to school and walked him to his kindergarten classroom, he just kept saying "Mom you don't have to walk me to class, I know where it is." I said, "I know but Kassia and I want to walk you to class." His reply was a little roll of the eyes and an "O.K. I guess" When we got to class he hung up his backpack, and then went to his desk. Not even a good bye, a hug or see you later. My little boy is growing up :( Don't get me wrong, I am happy for him, but you think about it and starting from yesterday, he will be in school for the next thirteen years of his life, then a mission and back to school. I guess that is if all goes well. :)
So the other thing that I have been doing that has been keeping me busy at night instead of on the computer, READING HARRY POTTER! It is good, but I have to wait until night to read, so it is taking a little while. So it goes on. I am about Half way though it now.
Today I had a book party. If you have not heard of Usborne Books they are really cute and good books for kids. It went really well. Here is a link to Usborne Books. I can not wait to find out how much points I have earned to get FREE Books. I am sure that I will be buying books too!!! I love to read to my kids.
6 comments:
Hi, loved the book party. Change my blog address. And also, Grandma needs help putting our blog address in her new computer favorite file. :)
HI!! I'm glad the party went well. Sorry I couldn't make it. When will the books be getting here? Jesiah was such a cute kindergartener (spelling?)! He's getting sooo big! O gosh. I can't believe how time has gone by! love you!
I am dreading the day that I take Cambria to her first day of school. BUt if she does as well as Jesiah then I will take comfort in that. I'm afraid she'll hang onmy leg and not want to go and then I'll say ok, you can come home with me. Not really but i'd probably cry too. I did get mad at the toilet paper incident but with Kiera yelling and screaming have a negative effect and talking it through seems to make more of an impact. Believ me I ma far from inspiring:) P.S. My many coloured days is Marjie Gilpin - do you remember her?
Yeah for kindergarten, booo for little kids getting big. My second, Braley, starts Kgtn. in a few weeks and I know I will be just as big a wreck as the day Miss Jayden started two years ago. We are in the Portland area. Tualtin--have you heard of it? Let us know the next time you will be in town, we'd love to see you.
p.s. I finally got the last chapters of Harry Potter the other day. Its so stinking hard to get good reading time in w/ little ones.
WOW. He is growing up so fast. And then to not even say goodbye, or anything!? Just remember, you still have a few more times of doing this, so it will be an amazing journey.
So, I remember when you went to school yourself. I went with you and got a job. So, you see, I could not bear to part with you either. It always happens to first time moms. It gets easier.
On another note, your book party sounds fun. I was gone Rafting, so I was haveing fun on the Salmon River. Love, TuTu
Post a Comment