Six months now...and I think Kasen is teething. This weekend we headed up to the cabin in Donelly to get out of the heat in Boise and to help my Grandparents with some work around the cabin. Well the first night we were there, Kasen was up every two to three hours and would not go back to sleep very easily. I had to rock him, or he laid with me or he cried. I felt bad for everyone else. There was no place for me to go so that he could make noise at four in the morning. (I forgot to mention that Ken my Cousin went up to help too) In the morning I thought that Kasen had a slight fever. But he seemed to perk up during the day. The next night he was fine. (Thank goodness) Today he was very fussy and I ended up leaving Church to come home and give him some meds. He went to sleep but when he woke up he was at 103.2 That was it, he needed a blessing. So he got one and about a half an hour later his fever broke...he was still fussy, but at least I could handle that much. I am so grateful for the priesthood. And what a teaching opportunity for Jesiah and Kassia. They thought it was pretty neat.
This weekend the kids had fun, we went to a Beach area to go swimming. They loved the sand and played for hours. Of course the other love for this weekend was their Uncle Ken. He gave them lots of attention, Jesiah just loved it. The highlight of the whole trip was when Grandpa suggested that they go fishing while the guys were working. They took out the boat and went out for about three hours. They did catch a trout and Jesiah was very excited to bring it home and show us all. He might be the only Great-Grandchild that gets a chance to go fishing with Grandpa. What a sight it was to see the two of them go down to the dock. What a good weekend.
2 comments:
Aloha Nicole and Ket!
Thanks for leaving comments on our blog- now we know where your blog is and it will be fun to keep in touch. You guys are such a beautiful family! I remember Jesiah and how he was the cutest kid in the ward (: How fun to hear about you guys now. We're glad you're doing so well. Two kids is so busy huh? You guys need to come visit Hawaii soon!
Love,
Patria and Mark
wow, that made me so sad to think that Jesiah might be the only grand child to go out with grandpa. You are probley right.
Post a Comment