Tuesday, October 2

MY THOUGHTS...

I am sitting here in the middle of the day...my two children are playing with Lego's and having a blast...they are not fighting, playing well with each other and having fun. These days are far and few between. Kassia gets bored with the Lego's and moves on to the dolls. But comes back to the Lego's to shot her "gun" at Jesiah. Jesiah is content with building and re-building his own "gun" or "great wall of china" and making sound effects that only a boy could make. Kasen is asleep, he has had a rough couple of days. He has a diaper rash that is the worst that I have seen on any of my kids. We have gone though 2 bottles of Desitin in the last 6 days and about 9 diapers a day. I am not sure if it is the fruit or a parasite that is in the water that is making him have so much diarriah, it could be his teeth too. If this persists another couple of days I will have to take him into the doctor. Almost every night I have let him sit in the bathtub to soak his poor little bum. Then I let him crawl (pull himself) around for about an hour or so with out anything on. I think it the next couple of weeks he may be crawling. He is almost there. He gets up on his hands and knees and rocks back and forth. He is very good at army crawling on the floor to get to what ever he sees.
Ket is doing great at his new job. The good thing about it right now is that he is working from home. We converted Kassia's cute girl room into an office for Ket and his Sales Manager. They work among pink flowers, purple dragonflies, and yellow butterflies. It is very cute...they have managed to put one boy thing among all those girl things....a clock that is made out of an air filter. Those guys!!!
I know that life is good right now, and I am thankful for all that I have. My children are wonderful, (it is easy to say right now) even when they are in the worst moods. The other night Jesiah kept getting mad at everyone and everything...So to change his mood, I made him stomp up and down the living room, but he could not just stomp...he had to use his arms too. I showed him how the first time, then it was up to him. He had to do it until he was no longer mad. It was so funny to see him stomp around with a half smile on his face. (he was trying so hard not to smile, that is why it was only a half smile) I think he started enjoying it, so it took a little bit longer then I thought. How easy is if for our children to change from angry to happy in a matter of seconds. I wish I possessed this wonderful talent.
I am also grateful for my extended support of family and friends. They all mean so much to me. Lastly I am grateful and blessed by the Church in my life. I feel like life would have taken a completely different turn if I did not have the Gospel in my life. I know I would be happy, I don't think I would know true Bliss like I do now. I know that a Prophet leads and guides in these days, and I know that my Savior lives and is there for me. What a true blessing that is.

6 comments:

Krystal said...

Hey, I just realized that you got Chloe's middle name wrong! Nice Aunt you are! :) It's Jean. Love you.

tutu with love said...

Sometimes I feel like you live so far away. I need to stay in closer touch with you.

Dad told me you have exciting news about your morgage! Hurray!!
Ginger told me you threw your back out. I am so sorry to hear that. I hope you got some relief at your appointment.

Dad is gone till Thursday nite. He has called me a couple of times. I sure do miss him when he is gone.

We are going to the cabin this weekend to winterize it. It will be fun for me, cuze I would love to spend the time reading.

I am so sorry to hear about Kasons dipar rash. I remember when Noah had a bad rash. Krystal use to come over and hold his little bottom up to the heat of the pellet stove. This would dry his bottom, and hopefully heal it quickly.

I can just imagine Ket and his assistant sitting in a pink and purple room, organizing the bussiness of his new hotel. Makes for a fun memory. Maybe a picture is in order, you know, his first office as a GM.

Your family is very lucky to have both you and Ket. You make very cognitive parents. I am proud of you both.

Your children are well ajusted and very happy children. That is a major pat on your backs.

Sarah said...

It was so fun visiting with you last night!! We can't wait for the until the end of the month!! We are going to have so much fun! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

wow to see Ket in Kassia's room is a truely funny picture in my mind. I am so happy for your family that you guys are doing so well. You guys deserve it.

Dana and ohana said...

you are a great mom and isn't so nice for things to go "well" and not have drama every time you turn around?

JoAnna Anderson said...

Nicole-- I love your blog! You are so happy & grateful & it really shows.

PS- have you tried Bag Balm? It works miracles with horrible diaper rashes!! Within a day it will be healed-- I PROMISE! It is found in the animal section. It was recommended by the kids' doctor. Its really all I use these days. Talk soon! Love, JoAnna