This last weekend my parents went up to the cabin, I decided since Jesiah didn't have school on Monday that I would join them. Ket could not come because he had to work. (oh that is to bad!) I took the kids up and we had so much fun. I called my sister Ginger last minute and she had those days off too, so she came too! We got up there late Saturday night. On Sunday went to Church and then that afternoon let the kids play in the very, very high snow. I think it is about four or five feet deep. It is amazing to me that it can even be that deep. Jesiah and Kassia had so much fun. Kasen even had fun hitting the glass sliding door yelling at them to look at him. It was so cute. Ginger took these pictures of them in the snow. We also played cards...the kids had so much fun playing War. I think Kassia won the most hands. She loved being the center of it all.
On Monday my parents decided that they wanted to go skiing before they left the cabin, well after a little bit of talk, Mom told me I should go, I could wear all her cloths, take her skis, and go for my very first time ever! I jumped on that. She stayed at the cabin and watched my kids along with Ginger. Jesiah my dad and I went skiing. All I have to say is that I should have stayed on the BUNNY HILL!!! So I have learned my lesson and next time I will STAY on the Bunny Hill, I will not let my SON talk me into going on a bigger hill because he is bored. I did have a lot of fun! I think skiing is something that I could get used to and get the hang of it. So this is the story:
We got Jesiah skis, came out of the lodge and put on my skis. Dad gave me some instructions, like what snow plowing was, how to do it, Jesiah piped in with "Pizza" and "french fries". That is what your skis are suppose to look like. You do a pizza to snow plow, and the bigger the pizza the slower you go. You can also use it to stop. So I went down the bunny Hill many, many times. I think I did pretty good. It is a little like water skiing. The way you lean on the skis to turn. I tried really hard not to get scared because if I did I would be done. I did fall a couple of times, I was trying to stop a different way, and I could not get up, I mean I could not stand up with out some help. It must have been pretty funny to see.
So after about two hours or so, Dad and Jesiah took me on the Bear run. Well this is still a beginner run, but I thought I could do it. On a side note: Jesiah is so good, he has had a total of six lessons, and it was so fun watching him go off steep hills, telling me how I could do better, following him down the hill, him waiting for me to get up after I fell a couple of times. It puts a smile on my face even now just thinking about it.
Ok, so back to the story. We got on the chair lift, (after I feel right at the lift...I should have know from that, but no, I was going to do this) and headed up the mountain. I saw the hill and thought it would be not that bad. So we started off ok, I was going to follow Dad and Jesiah. So right off the bat, I start going to fast. I can not slow down and I try turning, I try stopping...I am not stopping. I start thinking to my self BIG PIZZA, BIG PIZZA! Nope not working either. I can hear my Dad yelling in the back ground. TURN Nicole, TURN! Nope can not do that either. I am really really trying...I don't know what is wrong with the connection from my Brain to my legs, but it was not happening. So was I scared, YES, I was PETRIFIED! Finally after what felt like minutes, I fell. CRASHED on the snow. I lost my hat, I felt that go, landed on my back and could feel the snow go down my pants. I am sure I skidded to a stop after several yards. (I am pretty sure it was yards) I rolled over onto my stomach and saw Jesiah and Dad coming towards me. I saw Dad caring skis, I remember thinking to myself that that stinks, someone lost their skis from the lift. Well guess what, they were mine!! I wiped out good. Dad said if he could have had a camera it would have been a funny thing to look at again, and again a good laugh. I have to say that I was very scared after that. It didn't seem like I could stop for any thing. I tried going down the hill very slowly, but ever time I felt like I was going to fast. I would just sit down. (after the big fall, Dad told me if I ever feel out of control again, to just sit, nice to know after the fact.) I think I spent more time on my bottom after that then I did standing up on the skis. In the mean time, Jesiah has made it down the hill, just a little bit at a time, and he is sitting at the bottom of the hill waiting for me. Pooh boy. My dad is very patience to help me get to the bottom of the hill. I think I end up walking down some of the way. I even had a couple of people say to me, wow are you ok, that looked like a really scary fall! They were riding the lift when it happened. I am grateful that no one was on the hill when this happened to me. The only thing that I regret is that I didn't have my camera with me so I could take pictures of us skiing. (on the bunny hill of course!)
So these last couple of days I have felt every single muscle in my body. I guess that is good right! I am glad that I went. Thanks for letting me go Mom. :)
4 comments:
lol nicole, Wish I could have been there to watch that one. :) Yea you skiied!!!
oh wow that is why I do not ski, I would hate the feeling of being out of control. Oh so scary. Glad you didn't get hurt on your fall and you are ok. But at least now you can say you went. :) thanks for all the help yesterday!
What a fun post!! Thanks for sharing your fun experience. I wish I had been there also. However, I did enjoy being with Ginger, Kassia and Kasen.
That was fun reliving your skiing experience again! So funny! I wish I were there to see it all happen. Someday we will have to take the kids skiing together and you will have to go too. :)
Post a Comment