Ket got home on Saturday around 3:30pm. He was gone all last week for work. Because he was only gone for one week, I thought it would be easier. I have to tell you it was really hard this time. I think I know why, it was because my house was a DISASTER. I mean really, I had laundry on the couch when he left, (because he need clothes for the trip) the kitchen was a mess, all the bedrooms were like tornadoes had gone though them...so I was feeling very disorganized and out of place. All week I think I tried to get things clean up, but to no avail. I was just overwhelmed. So instead of cleaning, I took the kids to Carl's Jr. on Friday with Stephanie (whose husband was gone too) and we just let the kids play for like two hours. I didn't want to be in the house...it was such a mess.
Well that night I had a dream about how to clean it up. I would start with our room, then move to the Kasens, then to Jesiah & Kassia's then I would do the laundry and move to the kitchen...ect. In my dream it took most of the morning, so I thought it would work. NO WAY...I spent all day in just my room. Ket came home and the house LOOKED worse then when he left! I felt horrible.
Well today was the day to get a lot done, yea...we did the laundry. It feels so good. It was about six loads. I don't even know how the kids had any clothes left to wear. Well ok, Jesiah was saying "Mom I have no more socks, or I am out of pants, or out of PJ" So I would tell him "Go look on the couch" I am hoping that I am not the only one that has gone though a time in their life when they could not keep up with the house hold chores. I am sure I am not alone in this.
I am come to realize what my New Years Resolution is....I am going to make dinner at least 5 days out of the week. I have never been really good at this. I hate, I mean really hate going to the fridge at 4:30 and trying to figure out what we are going to have. I spend at least thirty minutes just trying to decide, then another thirty minutes making sure that we have all the ingredients for that diner...then I will start diner. Three hours later we finally get to eat. Well my sister signed up for this online diner thing. It is called Saving Diner. They have 6 recipes, and the shopping menu all planed out and ready to go. So I signed up, and tonight was the first night. I loved already knowing what we were going to have, and having all the items for it on had, then just making it. No guess work involved, and at 4:30 I started and at 6pm when Ket got home we ate. It took me longer because I had to stop and feed Kasen his diner in the middle of it, he just could not wait.
I thought it went awesome. Ket said the item we had (Smothered Chicken) was a keeper. The also have side dishes that are suggested. We had steamed broccoli and cauliflower with it. So good. So life is GRAND!
7 comments:
Yes Nicole, we have all been there with the overwhelmingly messy house. And that dinner thing sounds like a good idea. We make menus at my house. We have for years, that way we always know what it for dinner.
Hey Nicole, my house is always a mess, and I don't have any kids yet. I did get your message about the 26th, and i would love to help you out. Give me a call and let me know what to do. I work Mon-Fri 4pm to 12am. Saturday is free for me.
Howdy Nicole, It is a endless struggle to keep the house hold chores done. It is a wonderful feeling when everything is in order for a MINUTE. However, it just doesn't last that long, so don't beat yourself up for not being able to keep up all the time.
Your husband is a blessing in your life, and I am sure he understands a bad week once in a while.
Your Dad understood our messy house all the time, bless that man.
nicole,
don't worry, there are two reasons to clean your house:
1. you will go crazy if it isn't clean
2. you have company coming over for dinner :-)
my mom is Eloise Tyau, so my house is never messy!!! But I could understand how that could be chaotic. Hahaha so am I goina see u guys this april? I hope the answer is an affermative "YES" with no hestiation. Oh and I guess you can bring ket too!
I SO understand how much you love having your hubby home. I LIVE for friday's because I know he will walk through that door and stay for a whole 2 1/2 days before flying out again. The messy house thing? What can you say...it happens.
YEA for Saving Dinner.com I know your family will love your cooking.
Post a Comment