Let me just start out by saying that my little girl is usually really good and is always worried about whether I am mad at her, or angry at something. She is very in tune to what is going around her. That is until she falls asleep on the couch and I have to wake her up so that I can run to the store for items needed that night.
Kassia wake up, we need to go to the store.
No, I am still tired, I don't want to go to the store.
We are going to go to Fred Myer so you can play at Freddies.
No, I want to stay home.
OK ...(ready for a fight, not wanting to do this right now because it is 4:30pm, I have to get to the store, buy what is needed, get home, start dinner and the desert for the Activities Girls Recognition Night at 6:30pm. So time was short and I didn't have time for this.)
OK...you have two choices, you can get ready to go nicely, put on socks and shoes and get in the car so that you can go to Freddies, or you can cry, not listen to me, make a fuss and not get to go to Freddies. (I really thought this would work)
I don't want to go! (she is yelling, crying and not happy one bit.)
I got Kasen ready, went to the bathroom and Kassia is following me around the house crying, telling me she doesn't want to go, that she is not going to get ready, then lets out a loader cry and she has to go to the bathroom and is just standing there holding herself because she has waited to long. So I have to take her to the bathroom, pull down her pants and sit her on the toilet. I then take Kasen out to the car and before I can come back in, Kassia is at the door crying because she thinks I have left her. I try and reason with her again, no such luck.
So I pick her up and grab her shoes and take her out to the car. I put her in her car seat and by this time she is in hysteria. Yelling that she wants her socks, that her feet are cold and that she is not going to the store. I tell her she doesn't have a choice and that she is going, put her seat belt, she takes it off, I put it back on, and go around and get in. Well she takes off her seat belt and stands up. I get out of the car and walk around put her back in the seat and then buckle her in. Buy this time my anger fuse is very short. I know I do it a little rough, and I am in her face telling her not to take off her seat belt again. I pull out of the driveway and she takes it off again. I am mad but try and keep my cool as much as I can. I park the car and get out again. This time I tell her that she will not be going to Freddies because of the choices she has just made. She is crying so hard and keeps saying that she wants her socks. I tell her she had a chance to get her socks, didn't do it, and now she has to wear her shoes without socks. She cries all the way to the store. I really thought she would calm down. But now she just keeps talking about that she is going to go to Freddies. I told her that she could not because she didn't listen to me, do what I asked and so she doesn't get to go. I even have her repeat why she can not go. I can not believe that I am still going to go to the store, that I am still so calm and that the other kids were OK listening to all the yelling. I think at some point I check out of the situation. I had to, or who knows what I would have done.
We get to the store, I have to remember that she is only three and trying not to laugh when she says:
I am not going to stop crying, I will not let you go shopping, and I will yell throughout the store. (in between sobs)
O, really. If you continue to act like this then when we get home, I will take away some of your dolls and other toys.
I pick her up and put her in the basket. Now it would have been a lot easier to take her to Freddies, but I had already told her no, so what to do.
Well guess what she does. She cries throughout the store, yells she wants to go to Freddies, and never calms down. I ignore all it. My mission is to get the things on the list and leave as soon as possible. We get the items in record time. It takes me ten minutes. Then I have to go check out. Well it seems in the last ten minutes everyone deiced to check out. So I pick a line and wait. Boy, this is when the episode goes from tolerable to "I am surprise no one called Social Services" She stands up in the cart and I tell her to sit, she doesn't so I force her to sit. Then she stands up again...so I take her out of the cart and hold her hand.
Mom, you are hurting me, my hand hurts, let go....Mom you are hurting me, I want to sit in the cart.
I lean into her face and tell her that she can hold my hand or I will hold hers, but that she needs to calm down, I will count to 10 and then one of the dolls will be taken away. I count, she doesn't calm down so I name one and she gets loader. I took away three dolls and one Cinderella dress before it was my turn to check out. All the while she is screaming: Let go, you are hurting me, Mom!
I look around and no one is standing behind me anymore, everyone is looking at me and I just smile and pretend like I don't hear anything. Thank goodness Kasen and Jesiah were behaving! By the time we made it home...I told Kassia that she had to go get the dolls and dress and give them to me, then she had to go to her room until dad got home. I was very angry at her and could not look at her or talk to her right now.
She went for about twenty minutes and came out a smiling, cheerful girl who said she was sorry for not obeying me, and wanted a hug. WHAT! WHAT do you say. I told her I was not happy with the way she acted and was not ready to talk to her. So she went back to her room. Later that night, about 8:30 when I got home I did talk to her.
I have to say that being so emotional , that is one thing I have never gone though or experienced with Jesiah....He never cared that much about socks!!!!
10 comments:
All I have to say is I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND!!
I laughed until tears came into my eyes. Oh my goodness, what an adventure just for the items you needed from the store. I really don't remember you girls doing such a tantram. It is a good thing you are such a calm Mother. Good for you Nicole
Gotta love the girls, I have two and it can be interesting to say the least.
Nicole, that was indescribable. I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard, but I feel so bad for you too, that would have been horrible. Maybe I do want to have all boys...
welcome to my world. Girls are DRAMA...but I wouldn't trade them for anything. Well, except for when I actually need to run a quick errand.
Aren't girls so special? I just love my little girl to pieces, all the sweet and sour. I know exactly how you feel. You just want to give yourself a time out.
Oh Nicole....I know what you are talking about. How you kept your cool so well is unbelieveable to me! You are a good mom just for that. Your one tough mama :) Thanks for sharing your drama!
That sounds like most of my days with my daughter! :) Girls are SOO emotional! My boys were NEVER like that! Yeah they threw fits of some sort but not the kinda that Brielle throws... she takes the cake! Well, no wonder Kassia and Brielle are such good friends... they can be just alike
I am glad I am not alone in the fight to try to be consistent.
oooohhhhh, girl! Thank you so much for posting this story! I believe I have the same story in my memory, only the boy version! Thank you for helping me see I'm not the only mom who is forced to brave public places on days when the public really should NOT be forced to view our family drama. Aaaahhhh, children!
mum I will gladly help, I can take her to the bathroom, pull down her pants and knickers, sit her on the toilet to pee, once she has I will lick her p-ssy nice and clean lave her pants and knickers off and keep her well entertained while you go shopping, make use of her sweet little mouth too she won't be yelling with my c-ck stuffed in it, jut lmk your address
Post a Comment