Jaren is now a little over two weeks old. I am amazed at how "good" I have been feeling. My body really did recover a lot faster then any other pregnancy. It has been a good thing, with three other kids to take care of, I really could not just lay around and do nothing ever day. Life goes on...and I like so many other Moms are the center of our family and it doesn't seem to function as well when we take those days off. So on we (I) go.
I have been pleasantly surprised at how well Kasen has taken to having a new addition to our family. He loves Jaren, gives him tons of kisses all the time, wants to hold him, gets upset when he is crying and want to give him his pacifier. The funniest thing that he does is when Jaren is eating, Kasen will point to my breast and say "iky" and when I am done feeding him, he will try and cover me up as quickly as possible. (I had to let my breast air dry for the first week and half due to sores). He only gets really upset when his brother and sister fight over who gets to hold Jaren. Well then Kasen wants in the action. He want to hold him too.
Breast feeding has been up and down. The first week I would have said it was going great. My milk came in on Sunday...(Jaren was born on Wednesday) and then he ate ever three hours like clock work and slept really well in between eatings. No problem I thought. Then the second week hit and we started having problems. He was a little more fussy, was not sleeping as well and seemed to be still hungry after an hour of feeding him. I went to the doctor and he weighted the same as when he had had his three day check up. So in eight days he had not gained any weight. He was down to 7lbs 8oz. So I started feeding him ever two and half hours and tried a lot more to make sure he was latching on right. I went to the doctor again today and he is still the same 7lbs 8ozs. Now two weeks later, I needed to get some weight on him. Out came the formula and bottles. I am not sure what I am going to do right now. The only thing I know is that my life is going to get more and more busy. Do I really have time to try and breast feed, bottle feed and then pump after it to build up my milk supply? Do I have time and the mind frame to go though all of this again. Kasen was the same way, except I dragged it on for three months. I am only two weeks into it and I already know where it is headed....do I want to go there? I have to go back on Monday to weigh him in again...right now I am still feeding him and if he seems hungry I make a bottle and give it to him...I guess I could just do that right now...but who knows.... to many things going on right now. I need to go back and read what really happened with Kasen in my blog. I need to think about what is best for Jaren and my sanity.
On a lighter note...Ket and the boys have gone to California for weekend. His cousin is getting married (she asked him to marry her) and so I told him he had to take Kasen (because he was free still) and then later I deiced that he had to take Jesiah too. They are having a great time it sounds like. They flow out yesterday and Ket called and said that he has already gained 5lbs with all the good food. Then today they went to six flags, (I think that is where they said they were going) and Jesiah is loving it. Ket also told me that his parents are loving Kasen. (who would not love him?)
Kassia is loving the "girl" time with me. Today my mom called and said she was coming over to make breakfast for Ginger's Birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GINGER! So everyone showed up at my house and then we made breakfast and had a good time visiting. I ruined it by having to leave to go get Jaren weighted. But later Ginger came back over and we got to have dinner with her and she took pictures of Jaren. Kassia and I loved ever minute of it. So thanks for coming over and spending time with us!
Well I need to get to bed. Jaren is done eating so good night for now.
I have been pleasantly surprised at how well Kasen has taken to having a new addition to our family. He loves Jaren, gives him tons of kisses all the time, wants to hold him, gets upset when he is crying and want to give him his pacifier. The funniest thing that he does is when Jaren is eating, Kasen will point to my breast and say "iky" and when I am done feeding him, he will try and cover me up as quickly as possible. (I had to let my breast air dry for the first week and half due to sores). He only gets really upset when his brother and sister fight over who gets to hold Jaren. Well then Kasen wants in the action. He want to hold him too.
Breast feeding has been up and down. The first week I would have said it was going great. My milk came in on Sunday...(Jaren was born on Wednesday) and then he ate ever three hours like clock work and slept really well in between eatings. No problem I thought. Then the second week hit and we started having problems. He was a little more fussy, was not sleeping as well and seemed to be still hungry after an hour of feeding him. I went to the doctor and he weighted the same as when he had had his three day check up. So in eight days he had not gained any weight. He was down to 7lbs 8oz. So I started feeding him ever two and half hours and tried a lot more to make sure he was latching on right. I went to the doctor again today and he is still the same 7lbs 8ozs. Now two weeks later, I needed to get some weight on him. Out came the formula and bottles. I am not sure what I am going to do right now. The only thing I know is that my life is going to get more and more busy. Do I really have time to try and breast feed, bottle feed and then pump after it to build up my milk supply? Do I have time and the mind frame to go though all of this again. Kasen was the same way, except I dragged it on for three months. I am only two weeks into it and I already know where it is headed....do I want to go there? I have to go back on Monday to weigh him in again...right now I am still feeding him and if he seems hungry I make a bottle and give it to him...I guess I could just do that right now...but who knows.... to many things going on right now. I need to go back and read what really happened with Kasen in my blog. I need to think about what is best for Jaren and my sanity.
On a lighter note...Ket and the boys have gone to California for weekend. His cousin is getting married (she asked him to marry her) and so I told him he had to take Kasen (because he was free still) and then later I deiced that he had to take Jesiah too. They are having a great time it sounds like. They flow out yesterday and Ket called and said that he has already gained 5lbs with all the good food. Then today they went to six flags, (I think that is where they said they were going) and Jesiah is loving it. Ket also told me that his parents are loving Kasen. (who would not love him?)
Kassia is loving the "girl" time with me. Today my mom called and said she was coming over to make breakfast for Ginger's Birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GINGER! So everyone showed up at my house and then we made breakfast and had a good time visiting. I ruined it by having to leave to go get Jaren weighted. But later Ginger came back over and we got to have dinner with her and she took pictures of Jaren. Kassia and I loved ever minute of it. So thanks for coming over and spending time with us!
Well I need to get to bed. Jaren is done eating so good night for now.
3 comments:
Hi Nicole! Thanks for you comment on my blog- you are so right, either way history has been made...and that's exciting!
Jaren is so adorable. I'm glad to hear that the transition is going well. luv, patria
had a problem with Malachi and my milk supply too. He was not gainng weight and always seemed hungry. I know for a while I would breast feed, then pump each side for 15 minutes and feed him a bottle at them same time, yeah it was hard, but it only took three days to build my milk supply. It was frustrating because I didn't have to do anything like that with my other two. I took away his pasifyer and that seemed to help for some reason. Maybe he had slight nipple confusion. Good luck with whatever you do.
Hi Sweetheart! Thank you for letting us all come over to celebrate Gingers Birthday. You are a wonderful daughter! Also, about breast feeding. I would advise you work off your history. Why go through the whole experience again, when you know the outcome.
However, I will support your choice with whatever you decide to do. Whatever, I hope that all makes perfect sense.
I Love You.....
Post a Comment