You would think now that my husband is home that I have all the time in the world to blog, be on facebook, do my many projects on the computer...but no, he gets the computer to look for jobs! LOL! Poor me. Hahahee! Anyway, I just wanted to take a minute and update what has been going on, (and I am tried of seeing that last post in the head line...)
Ket continues to look for a job, it is bleak and not much to report. He has probably sent out 50 resume to different companies ranging anywhere from Portland (which I would not mind) to Huston Texas (which is to far away for me!) but he has had three interviews and no such luck. At this point I know no one is really going to be hiring until after Christmas, so we will just wait. I have updated my resume and sent it out too. If you know of any one looking for an office Manger, just let me know. I looked at all the skills that I have done over the years and it seems to be the best one that fits me.
So you might be asking by now, how we have made it so far. Well we did get his vacation time paid for, so that paid for the mortgage for this month, and then our ward stepped in.....let me tell you in a big way. We have not had to go grocery shopping since he lost his job, we have gone to the bishops store house.
This is the most humbling experience. I thought we would have one of the nicest cars there, others would "look poor" but we pulled into the parking lot and there was a BMW, so I guess what I am tyring to say, is you never know who is need and sometimes it is not always the people you would expect. The experience was still very humbling. I am amazed at what the Church produces. They have their own ground beef, sausage, chicken ect. Of course with the cannery they have their own canned goods too. Almost everything that you get at the Bishops store house is produces by the Church. Even down to the cleaning supplies. The Church I would guess is very much self sufficient. AMAZING!
So just not having to go to the store for food has been one of the biggest BLESSINGS. The next one would be the Bishop coming to check on us and see how we were doing for bills. He took us under his wings and made things ok, less stressful in so many ways! Wow, I didn't see that one coming. I didn't feel judged like I thought I would. What a wonderful Man! BLESSING!
So we had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my family up at the cabin, it was so much fun and nice to just get away, Ket and I even thought about staying there for longer, if Jesiah didn't have school we might have! BLESSING TO BE WITH FAMILY!
Since then I have seen so many more wonderful things happen. We have deiced not to get a tree for Christmas this year, I just could not justify it with everyone helping us out in the ward. So tonight some ladies from the Relief Society brought me a birthday present and saw we didn't have a tree. She asked if I wanted one, I said no we were fine, we would wait until they went on sale for $5.00 and then get one. Not even a half and hour later, she was at the door again with a beautiful tree. She also handed Ket some money for Christmas presents! What a beautiful person she is, to see a need and just fill it. BLESSINGS!
At this point this has not been the first time someone has given us money. We received two American Express gift cards both with $200 dollars on it. I could not believe it. The Bishop brought it by one night and said it from some of the members in the ward! BLESSINGS!
I know Ket loosing his job, has been very hard on him, and me....but another blessing that has come of it, is the simple fact that he has been home to help me out. I have finally felt like I am coming out of the fog of the newborn. I am just surfacing and not in survival mood anymore. I have actually thought that it would be fun to start excising again. He has been my salvation this last month. I don't think I would have done anything crazy...but I was close. He was there to take a little bit of the burden and that has been wonderful! BLESSINGS!
Even though I know my Mom would rather be working, she came over everyday last week and helped me out. She cleaned my house, did my laundry, (even the sock drawer that had a million matches that no one could find!) and just held Jaren while I worked on a project for my Grandma! She could not have done that if she had a job, and I don't know if I would have gotten those books done for my Grandma. I really appreciate and love my Mom so much more now that I have been in her shoes! I only hope that when my kids have kids I will be able to return the favor to them! BLESSINGS!
Probably the most important blessing that has happened is the fact that Ket and I have gone to the temple more then once since this all happened. Before that it was hard to get there and we were both never in the mood. Now it is something that we just will do no matter what. What a wonderful feeling it is to go, and feel the peace that what is going on right now in our world and the world around is only temporary. That it will pass and we will move on to the next thing! BLESSINGS!
There is so much more that has happened this last month of being job-less. I know there is more to come. This is the season for giving and since we have already been so blessed, I need to find a way to return it! BLESSINGS come and I want to remember them always.
6 comments:
Nicole, I am so impressed that you are at a place to realize your blessings. With so much turmoil it would be so easy to sit back and feel sorry for yourself. like we all do. it is amazing the generosity of others. I know you are being blessed because you are seeing the Lords hand in all the blessings you are receiving and being grateful for them and He has continued to bless you.
Oh Nicole, what a sweet and powerful post. I have been so touched by your great faith and hope! Thank you for being such a wonderful example to me. We are praying for your family and hope that all is well!
My sweet daughter,
You humble me with your spirit. Thank you for sharing your heart with so many. You bring tears of joy to mine eyes
Nicole...this was beautiul. I am so grateful for you and for sharing your experiences! We love you guys and will continue to be in our prayers!
We've been through similarly humbling experiences a few years ago. And Alan has just lost his job because of the economy. You're not alone! We'll keep you guys in our prayers!
I truly believe that often when a major change like this happens, it's an opportunity for something bigger than we can imagine and when we look back on it, we can see it was a blessing in disguise. You guys WILL be taken care of and find the opportunity your hearts desire. Much love, Patria and Mark
Post a Comment