So I had this thought....how fun would it be to see other peoples Nativity sets on their blog. This one is the first really good set I have ever owned. We bought it a couple of years ago; and because it was so much money (to me it was at the time) I said it was for my birthday present also. I love it now, and the kids loved helping us put it up this year. There is a lot to the set, the background has lights that light up the city and then the star at the top of the city. I hope that it will be something that I have for years.
I also wanted to write a favorite tradition that we have right now. It is called Mr. Peeves. He is a friendly elf sent to our home from Santa....now when he first showed up, he came with a letter....now Jesiah is old enough that he just tells everyone what he is all about. Basically he is here to check on the kids starting the day after Thanksgiving.... he reports back to Santa every night and tells him if they have been good or bad. Then he returns back to our house and is in a different place in the house. The fun part is that the kids love guessing where he will be the next day, and love looking for him. If he gets touched by one of the kids, or they are particular bad, then he doesn't move from his place. He has lost a little bit of his magic and can not report back to Santa. So they must not touch Mr Peeves, and they must be good, because he has to report to Santa every night. On Christmas Eve day he appears in the tree and then on Christmas day, he is gone. Santa picked him up when he brought the gifts!
I love this one, it keeps the kids interested ever day where he will be, and they really are a little bit better.
So what do your Nativity sets look like and what is one of your favorite tradition...
Can not wait to see yours!


4 comments:
Oh your nativity is so beautiful!! I love your little elf tradition! I have a few friends who do that and the kids absolutely love it! Great idea!
I'm excited to show everyone mine! I love it. Have to get it out ASAP now!!!
I can't believe that Jessiah is 7. Holy Cow! I still remember watching him toddle around our TVA "front yard."
We did "A Night in Bethlehem" once too. It was so much fun and I have always wanted to do it again.
I love your nativity set and your litttle elf idea. SO fun.
I just finished my second Heritage Maker book from the credits I had from three years ago. It looks great, but I wish I had the premiere account. I have one credit left so now I have to decide on an event!
I love your beautiful nativities! I collect them too! And your elf idea is adorable! Love it! I will post some pictures of my nativities! They are my favorite thing to put out at Christmas time! Thanks for the idea! Happy Holidays!!
Post a Comment