Sunday, February 8

Gum, Chocolate Cake and Temple Dates!

I just don't know what happens to the nights. I guess part of it now goes to sitting with Kasen until he falls asleep. Since his second birthday he decide he didn't want to stay in his crib, so now he is in a toddler bed... Hence it takes me about 30-40 minutes before he falls asleep. I know that we have to go through this, I have done this with ever single one of the kids. It just adds to it when I have a baby that needs to be feed at the same time and then put to bed. But we have made it through this last week. Thank goodness!
So something very wonderful happened on the 30th of January. My Grandma went back to the temple for the first time in over forty years! Yea! I was able to go and do a session with her. Along with my Mom, Brandi, Krystal and Robby, Rhondalyn (mom's sister) and my Dad... It was very nice. What wonderful day it was. Peacefully, happy, and puts the right perspective on things. I am grateful for the Temple and and what it means in my life. She then took us all out to eat at a really great bar-bque place!



The Next day, my Grandma wanted to have a get together for all the family and have a little ceremony for my grandpa and the headstone they had made. So we (all the family, sister, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandkids ect. ) met at the funeral home, Grandma talked a little and then we went and saw the head stone. It was beautiful. It was made of stone, but had their picture etched on it. Along with a family picture and Nascar flags, and then there was a lamb for the baby that was stillborn and lastly a picture of Rod, my uncle who will be buried with them. A beautiful tribute to my Grandpa and an amazing headstone. Not like any I had ever seen. I wish that I had taken a picture of it. Thank you Grandma for getting us all together so that we could see the unveiling of the headstone.
After we were done we all headed over to her house and had a family tradition of chili and chocolate cake. Ginger and I were aside to bring a cake each. Well we got together and decided to make a two layer cake. We (I have to say that she did most of the work, I was helping my dad take the toilet off in our bathroom and see what Kasen had throw done it. That was a fun project, it ended up being a play dough stamp...long story) had fun making it. Here is some pictures of our cake that we made together. It turned out pretty good.


Lastly I have to laugh at this one, I know that everyone has an experience with this, gum in the hair. Ket had given Kasen some gum before he left for school. I got the Jaren and Kasen and Kassia in the car to take Kassia to school. On the way back Kasen decided to take the gum out of his mouth and got it stuck in his hair. He was so upset, he started crying. I had to stop myself from laughing at this.... everytime he got upset he tried to pull the gum out, but it just got worse. This is what it looked like when we got home and yes I had to cut it out. Silly boy. He still wants gum when ever he sees it, however I told Ket about what happened and he has refrained from giving it to him.

2 comments:

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

wow that cake looks beautiful. I have tried to decorate cakes and it is hard!!! mine never look like that. I am glad to know I am not the only one who has to sit by the toddlers bed. We also moved parker to a big boy bed, but now he wants us to stay in there until he falls asleep. oh well it works, glad I do not have a baby who also needs to be fed at the same time. hopefully this will end before I do. that is also amazing that you were all able to go to the temple together. what a special time!!

Anonymous said...

Oh the Gum! What memories this brings back of you girls and gum. Poor little Kasen. He looks so forlorn. Sniff sniff. :(Love, TuTu