Saturday was a special day, we had a wonderful breakfast, had good company and celebrated my grandma's 87th birthday! What a wonderful morning it was.
I just wanted to take a minute and tell a little about my Grandma... She is a wonderful women with so much integrity and wisdom. She is caring and kind and always has other peoples best interest at hand. She grew up in a time when you dressed up to go anywhere...a time of dresses and beautiful people with nice hair and hats. It was a time during the war that the women pulled together and help support their men. My Grandparents met after the war and started their life. They raised two wonderful, devoted boys. It says a lot about a family when you look at their kids and see how wonderful they are. Both of the boys love their mom and you can see it when they are talking to her. She has instilled those "good old Values" into her boys and thus into her Grandkids. Thank you! I have loved living close to them and enjoy our many visits. We talk about once a week and I miss it very much when we don't. I always know that she loves me and my family and everyone else for that matter. What a blessing and wonderful women she is in my life and those that she touches. Thank you, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!




6 comments:
What a beautiful and sweet tribute to a sweet lady! Thank you for sharing such tender memories. I loved reading about her! She is absolutely beautiful!
what a wonderful post! Is that first picture of your grandma?? It looks like you! Gorgeous!!
Your grandmother is beautiful. That was a really nice post. Happy belated birthday to Kasen...awesome cake! And that was a great article written about Ket...good luck with everything and be sure and keep us posted!
Wow, Nicole, you have such a way with words. I appropriate that you always know how to say such wonderful things about people. I agree whole heartily about Grandma.
What a cool tribute to your Grandma! I love seeing those old pictures! It makes me want to egt a ll dolled up and take some photos so that my kids can have something to put on the internet when I celebrate my 87th birthday! You are a sweet granddaughter!
I adore Kasen's cake! I can't believe he is two already! I'll be sad when Malachi hits that mark!
Go KET! Good luck going back to school! That is cool that you were in the paper! We wish you the best this next time around! Too bad BYUH doesn't offer pre-med. You could live in the two bedroom TVA apartments!:)
i love old photos like that!
Post a Comment