Sunday, March 15

what's new...

So it has been a while since my last post, I am not sure what the change is, or why I have not written for so long.... I can tell you this, now that I look back at the last three months of no blogging, I am not sure what I have missed... things have run together. That is why I try and keep this "journal" so I will remember.
Well a couple of weeks ago, a friend called and said that she had a friend that was giving away a trampoline... they were looking for someone that would want to come and take it. They thought of us. We of course jumped at the chance. We went and got it and then set it up that day... Ket got on it and then it broke. One of the legs, the metal had split. When we went to get it, it was bent and so the leg that Ket pounded back split more. Darn it. We then called a friend and he said that he could fix it. This weekend he brought it back to us. The kids went crazy! We had to set it up and let them jump right then. So we did. I even got on and did a couple of flips. I can tell that I am aging however, (0r at least have had four kids.) I started getting a little motion sickness, and I was afraid with every jump that I would pee my pants. Age... what I can do about it! It had been fun, and I am glad that we have it. I know that we will have fun during the summer. However, we have already had some accidents. Kasen somehow smashed his face on the bars, right between the eyes... his poor nose is all bruised up. But they sure have had fun.
The other night, we were eating dinner and Jesiah wanted to go out and jump... I told him if he finished all his food, then he could have twenty minutes before bed. Then of course Kassia wanted to go out to. Same answer, she had finish her dinner. After 30 minutes of playing around I set the timer for 10 minutes and told her that she had until then to finish and if not then she would just go up stairs, get ready for bed and then go to bed. (she thought she could get ready for bed and then go out side to jump) Well I was feeding Jaren, Jesiah and Kasen were outside and Ket was cleaning up the kitchen. It was about 7:20 or so and Kasen gets hurt, they both come in and Jesiah tells me he say Kassia on the roof, that she was talking to them.
WHAT! Kassia's bedroom is in the front of the house and the tramp is in the back of the house. We have a two story house with high ceilings. This is not the first time either. This would make the third. She does not have a screen on her window because in a wind storm, it got caught just right and got blown off, I tried to put it back on but ended up braking the screen.
I am really mad now. NOW she is going to bed for sure! I try very calming to explain that she should never go on the roof! Unless she is with her Dad and only on the forth of July. I think it might have done some good, (maybe) she asked me later that night that if she falls of the roof, and dies, will she see grandpa up in heaven. Ok, so maybe I was a little extreme to tell her that she could fall of the roof and die, but I hope that she gets it now. We really need to just screens put on the window that or something. She also asked me what would happen it she was on the roof and a robber came? Well I didn't have a very good answer for that one, expect that will not happen, as long she is never on the roof again!
So what else has been going on... Well Ket is still in school, he is liking it more and more. He is still looking for a job, and so am I. Ginger my sister has talked about moving in with us. She would take Kassia's room and Kassia would move in with the boys. She (Kassia) is excited about it, she always wants to be with them, and even asks if she can sleep with them sometimes. She will pay rent, and it will be nice to not be outnumbered in this male household.
One thing that I have really thought about was not paying our mortgage. Everyone kept telling me that why pay, If we thought we were going to lose the house eventually... and still who knows, I don't see how we can make that kind of money needed too, while Ket is going to school, but who knows. I really looked into it. There are many kinds of programs for people who have missed at least three payments,and have a job, they will help you keep your house, work with you and so on. But if you have not missed a payment yet, nothing. You can go about seven months before it goes to the courts to foreclose. Then if you ask them to produce the original note, it could take even longer. In some cases, even years. Banks don't usually keep the original records. So until then, you are sitting pretty. But eventually it may catch up to you. So I guess until we get to that point we will continue to make our payments and thank The Lord for the Help that we are getting right now. We have been getting help, and it just does not feel right to not pay our mortgage.
This does make me a little mad, Here we are bailing out all these banks and we will have to pay for it in the long run with taxes, and we the homeowner who is having a hard time paying it each month gets no brakes. Am I missing something?! O, I could go on for ever on this topic, maybe another time!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Keep hanging in there Nicole. You guess will make it through this rough patch. I can't believe you little girl is climbing on the roof. I don't know if you remember Sam and Sara they were in our old ward at the apartments. They had a 2 year old who fell from a second story bonus room window and hit the driveway. He could have died had he landed on his head but he ended up falling on one of his legs which shattered in many places but absorbed the impact. Since then, we have been really paranoid about windows. You should look into some window locks if she is climbing out on her own. Scary.

The Brugger Bunch said...

Oh my friend, it is wonderful to hear how you all are doing. We have thought a lot about you and have been praying for your sweet family! I love that you are able to have a sense of humor about everything! Thank you for sharing your wonderful stories! We love you!

Fritters said...

how scary! she climbs on the roof?? I would have told her she was going to fall off the roof and die too! In fact, I think those words have come out of my mouth as well! Good luck, babe! And hopefully age won't detour us from doing too many youthful things, like jumping on the trampoline!!

Melina Ficek said...

We love our trampoline, except for the broken arm, but I guess that comes with the territory. Hang in there, someday you might just look back on this time and be thankful for all you learned.

Brandi said...

Hey it is nice to see you on blogging... Kassia up on the roof...and I thought boys would be the problem... :)

Elizabeth M said...

Good luck with everything. I had heard about that program from someone else going thru a similar problem. The whole bank bailouts, bonuses, etc is so frustrating! Everything will work out in the end. Let me know if you need any help with school loans/FAFSA stuff for this next school year!