Friday, March 5

New Year, Different blog, and a Kitchen aid!

OK, so I realize it has been way to long since the last time that I wrote or did anything on my blog. I guess a little of it is because of facebook. I am on that way to much. The other part is that I hate downloading pictures to my blog. It takes way to long. So I know it is really boring but I am going back to the way I blogged when I first started. More of a journal, less pictures, less stress for myself to make it look cute. The real reason I started this blog was to keep a journal. But now it has been almost five months and I have not had the desire to even blog. Here goes...
Right now Ket is gone, he is Florida at a GM Conference. He gets back on Saturday and I will be so glad. Kasen every morning comes and gets in bed with me and asks where Daddy is. I have to remind him every day that Daddy is on a business trip. The other night I was talking to Ket on the phone and Jaren was sitting with me. He wanted to talk to Ket. I put Jaren on the phone. I am pretty sure this is the first time Jaren has ever "talked" to one of us on the phone. Ket said "Hi Jaren" Jaren looked all around the room, he could hear his dad, but where was he... Ket talked to Jaren again... "Hi Jaren" This time Jaren handed the phone to me and walked out of the room. I told Ket, Jaren must have been done talking. I proceeded to follow Jaren into the hall, down the stairs, past the kitchen and into the laundry room. He then wanted me to open the door to the garage. He was looking for his daddy's car and his daddy. Ahh, so cute!
During Christmas time, my hand mixer broke. It was a good hand mixer, I have had it since Hawaii. I have been missing it. Making bread, cookies and even whipping eggs whites by hand. It has been a pain. So while Ket was in Florida I finally bought one. Yep, a Kitchen Aid Stand mixer. I bought the 6 quart one. It is gray. (just like the picture) I am in love. I have already tried making cinnamon rolls with it. Of course, I killed the yeast and so they didn't rise, but hay it is all good. For I don't know the past five years or so I have wanted a Kitchen Aid stand mixer. My Mom and Sister have a Bosch mixer and they love it. I kept going back and forth between the two mixers. In the end I chose this one. So I am still learning how it works, what the three blades are to be used for and what not. If you have any advice feel free to share. Or good recipes that I can make it in. :)
On February 24th, a very good friend of mine passed away. She has been fighting Lupus since she was 16 years old. We were best friends in middle school, and high school until my Jr. Year. We did everything together. We went to stake dances together, talked about boys together, learned to drive together, did homework together and so much more. I remember so, so many good things about her. She had a beautiful smile, voice and personality. I had the opportunity to visit her when she was in the hospital here in Boise several times. I will be forever grateful for the wonderful visits that we had together. At the funeral it was wonderful to see all the wonderful people that I had grown up with. We all went to church togheter and high school. They have all touched my life in a way that when ever we get together we can pick up right were we left off at. I am greteful for the wonderful world of youth and friendship. Thank you Jessica for bring us all back together again, and thank you dear friends for alwyas being there for me, and touching my life.

2 comments:

Melina Ficek said...

Thanks Nicole, it was so great seeing you we really have been blessed huh?

Unknown said...

I love the new KitchenAid. I think I need one too...I think it will have to wait though! I didn't know about Jessica. So sorry for her family. I know she is in a better place ow though.