Thursday, April 8

PRICELESS!

This last weekend was wonderful. My Mom called on Friday afternoon and asked, begged if I would send my kids over to her house until Sunday when we had Easter Dinner at her house. I was concerned that ALL of them would be to much for her to handle. I mean, I handle them all day... Cleaning up messes here, stopping fighting there, but I LOVE when I can put the two little ones down for "quite" time and have a nap myself. Plus my Mom had just come off having surgery just a little over three weeks ago. I didn't want her to over do it. I had to decied fast, because their ride would pick them up before noon.
I got a little excited about this thought, a whole weekend with NO KIDS!!! What would I do?! So I sent them, with the condition that if she got to tired then I would head over right away. She agreed. By 1:00 on Friday I had an empty house. WOW!
2:30 took a shower with no interruptions
3:30 Ginger picked me up, no kids to worry about what to do with...
5:00 Met up with Ket
5:30 decided to go to dinner, why not
7:00 decided to go to a movie, not paying a babysitter... go for it! Saw Clash of the Titans.
10:00 Home and then watched another movie, (Ket's idea)
Midnight:Bed
7am The next morning Ket left for work
I slept in, there was no one to wake me up!!!
9:30am rolling out of bed
10am General Conference starts- I watched the whole morning session and actually got to listen to every talk. Was touched and loved the morning session.
12pm Get in the shower
1:30 Head to Hobby lobby to meet my sister for some photo stuff.
2:30 Go and pick up Ket from work
3:00 Finished watching conference. I was really disappointed that I could not find it on the radio...
4:00 Pack and get ready to go to dinner and another movie, and head to Ontario
I decided that we had to go and spend the night there. The kids had to get their Easter basket. :)
so I didn't read a really good book, or clean the whole house, but did go out with my husband with out paying a babysitter and that was wonderful! PRICELESS! Thanks Mom!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad you got some time to yourself! Let me know if you ever want a date night! Nick and I will head on over, and you don't have to pay us! Also, I know your annivaersary is coming up, so let me know what I can do for you!