Thursday, April 1

Spring Break, cold...cold...cold!!!

This week is Spring break for the kids. Normally I like to plan lots of outdoor activities, things like going to the zoo, different parks, maybe even going up to the cabin in McCall... but this year we have not done much of anything. The reason... There has been only ONE day that has been warm enough to go outside. Today it snowed, almost all day! Yes this is April 1st, and Yes I think Mother Nature is playing with us, but still snow and hail all day. Maybe one or two hours of the sun showing through the clouds.
So what have the kids been doing? Good thing we have lots of Neighborhood kids that come over to play! Yea for our subdivision. On Monday we went to Ket's Hotel and started the spring break with breakfast there. The kids loved it. On Tuesday they played with friends, it was the one good day of the week and they were outside all day! On Wednesday it snowed, inside play time, plus we made Easter egg rice crispy treats and the kids got to dip them in chocolate and put sprinkles on them. Ymm, good! Today it snowed ALL DAY! I hear that it is going to be snowing again tomorrow too. I think it would be a good day to go to the Discovery Center. Wish me luck!

On a different note, I have taken up running. Well running/walking. I have been doing The Couch-to-5K Running Plan. I am on the second week. I am really enjoying it, I hope that I become a Runner.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yea Nicole. Running is good. You should do an half marathon with me now! I'm so ready for Spring to be here too. It will come...