Ok, first thing first... My tooth! I saw the doctor on a Tuesday morning, found out that it is going to cost me like 3500 to get a fake tooth put in or 2500 to do a bridge in my month. WHAT! Well what happened was when I had braces put on (when i was in high school) they did such a bad job of moving my teeth that they cause the roots of my teeth to move to fast and now that tooth that broke off has only half the root there. So I could go the long way, root canal, cap on the tooth and then just wait and pray that nothing else happens. But the likely hood that nothing will happen is very low. Since the root is so small, it is not stable and what ever else he said. The best thing to do, pull the tooth, put a metal pin in its place and then cap it off with a fake tooth. Then no more problems for the rest of my life with that tooth!!! yea, however we can not afford to pay for a 3500 tooth. I don't know what I am going to do. I am going to have to save for like two or three years just to pay for this. (we have no dental insurance either) The worst news, after closer exam of the rest of my teeth, this is not the only one that is like that. There are about 6 other teeth that have little roots because of the braces. When I say little, I mean less the half the normal size. This will be a problem again in the future... UHGGG!
Next, the book Hunger Games..... IT WAS SO GOOD! I started them last Thursday, and finished the 2nd book last night! I have to admit I knew nothing about the book, but everyone said they were so good! So I just started reading them and had a hard time getting into it. But kept going. I am so glad I did, by the time I was done with the first, I needed the second one! Good thing my couisn had given it to me along with the first one. (Thanks Windy!) When I finished the second one I am wishing I had the next one to read now! August 24th I am told is when it will be available! I have had dreams about the characters... Katniss, Peeta, Gale, District 12, Prim and so many more. Today while I was going about my daily chores... all I could think about is the books and how I wish I could just go read... but I had nothing to read!!! I felt like I was in their world, I need more!! The biggest difference between this and something like Twilight is that in Twilight I felt like I was a little bit of Bella, I was going through everything with her, feeling everything, and loving who she loved. With Hunger Games I am an outsider cheering Katniss on, wanting and willing the situation to be over and they to still be alive. It is more action packed and a page turner! Some times in my mind I find my self saying, why not do this or yes now you have the right idea... talking back to the book... silly me. Ohhh, So Good!!! So tell me what you think if you have read the books.
Lastly, we have our first house that is in Foreclosure. We had a renter that moved out, and we paid the mortgage a couple of months and then could not afford to pay any more. We had someone move in a couple of months later and then because it was a section 8, housing renter, it took about two months to pay us. As soon as I got the check, I sent in two months worth of payment. By this time we were four months behind. On the 5th month they sent the check back to me with a notice that we were going into foreclosure. Now mind you, I had contacted the bank several times to tell them what was going on... The house was scheduled to go to auction on April 12th. In January I contacted the bank again to ask what my options were. They asked me a whole bunch of questions about what our income was, what our bills were and things like that. On the phone we were pre-approved for a Loan Modification. Yea, I think. A better loan, something we can offered. I ask questions like what does that intel, what kind of rate are we going to get, what will our payment be ect. She tells me that it is so different with ever costumer that she can not tell me anything about the loan modification. She does not approve it, someone else does. I jump through all the hopes, fax things to them, sometimes the same thing twice. Write letters, sign, date, put our account number on everything.... list all our bills, list all our income, get copies of the rental checks from the banks that were cashed. Oh, and pay them 3300 dollars just to go through the process of the loan modification. They called it a down payment. I had 5 days to send it to them via a Western Union. The first of February we sent them the money... fast forward to 12-15 days later, (because that is how long they said it would take) Yesterday we got a call saying we had been approved for the Loan Modification... so what does that mean for us... a higher payment! What! Are you serious?! I thought a Loan Modification lowers the payment... Nope, that is the biggest misconception according to Wells Fargo agent who is talking to me on the phone. We have ten days to decide if we are going to take this "deal" from Wells Fargo and I have no idea what we should do. Here is the break down.... The new mortgage is $1100 a month. We get $667 from the rental every month for sure. The most we would get is 734, if there is no problems with the tenant. What makes me so mad about this whole thing is that our interest rate is 6.125 percent. A couple of years ago, that was really low, but now they are down to 4% something. Why does Wellsfargo not lower our interest so that the payment is lower, or extend the amount of the loan out so that the payment is lower? Basically all they did was add on the amount that we missed, space it over the years of the loan and add on 2 years to the life of the loan. Plus they are charging us for the modification, another 1500 dollars. Ket just wants to forget the house, let it foreclose. I am torn, is it morally right to just give up, have I done everything possible to keep the house. Can we afford the extra 433 a month to maintain the house. I can tell you that right now, we are so tight that we don't have an extra 433 a month to spend on something "extra"... So what to do, any advice would be wonderful. I am lost and frustrated. Come on Wells Fargo worth with us!!!!
2 comments:
Wow! So sorry about your teeth! That really stinks. It stinks about your other house, and I wish I had some good advice, but I don't. (A girl here at work is looking for a place, but not sure that it will help you out at all.)
Also, I agree August 24th can't come quick enough for the last book. If I buy it (which I probably will eventually) you can have it after me.
If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know even if you just need me to come to your place and watch the kids, etc. Whatever you need, I'm willing to help! Thanks for all you do.
Oh Nicole! I think that the cost of dental work is insane. I'm sorry you are facing that.
Good luck with the house. Such a crazy story about Wells Fargo! I don't envy the tough decisions you have to make. I'll be thinking about you...
I haven't read "Hunger Games" yet but have had it recommended to me by so many people. It's definitely on my list!
Post a Comment