Friday, May 27

Flying is not always the best...

It looks like I have a little bit of catching up to do...

May 25th-Wensday....
I had my 38 week check up today. Dr. Lowder checked me out and said I was at a One. WoHO! I am never dilated. We also scheduled the induction for next Thursday June 2nd. So this baby is coming within a week. That feels nice.
Today has been a busy day, lots of errands that had to be done. So today I am grateful for gas in my car, Jolene who is willing to watch my two wonderful boys, being able to get a pedicure because I simply can not cut my toenails and they are driving me crazy, and finally taking a nap in the middle of the day. That always feels so nice.

May 26th- Thursday
This morning I woke up wishing I could have the baby today. I am not sure why, but I really want to have him this weekend. Well around 10am I was still having contraction, light ones but surprised I was still having them. I called my mom and asked if I had to go to the hospital would she be available to come over. She said yes. She had a meeting from 1-3 and so it would be after that. I said that was fine and would let her know if they stopped. At about 12:30 they had stopped, so i texted her and said it was a false alarm and not to worry about it. She said she wanted to come anyway. I took the boys on a walk about 3:30ish and then we met the older kids at the bus stop. During the walk I did start having more contractions, and some sharp pains. When we got home, the boys went outside to play and Jaren and Nolan were on the trampoline. They started spitting on the tramp, so I went outside to tell them to stop or they would have to get off. They did it again, again I told them to stop or they would have to get off. One more time and now I was upset. I went outside to ask them to get off and they both would not get off the tramp. They were taunting me on the other side, because they knew I could not get them. Needless to say I got up on the tramp (bad idea, I know) I picked up Jaren and put him down off the tramp and then picked up Nolan and went to put him down off he tramp when I tripped and feel off the tramp. Jesiah says I flew off the tramp. I landed on my side and then rolled over onto my back. I had knocked the wind out of me. I was very shaken. The two boys (Jaren and Nolan) were crying and so we all went in the house. I called the doctor and he said I need to go to the hospital to be checked out and watched for an hour. When I finally got ahold of Ket he was on his way home and then I called my Mom to see where she was. This all happened around 4:40ish. Ket came home and I burst into tears. I told him everything that had happened, and that Mom would be there in about 20 minutes so we could go. I was still shaking.
All in all we left and checked into hospital. They said everything looked good for the baby and the only thing they were worried about was that I was having contractions every three to four minutes. So they checked me and I was at a THREE. I didn't know what to say. They told me to go home and get some sleep or walk, and then come back when they were harder contractions. Today I am grateful machines that can see the baby's heartbeat... I am so glad he was not hurt and that everything was ok. I am grateful for my Mom who had the incite to come over any way. I am grateful for Tracey my neighbor who went walking with me at 10:30 last night to "get things going" And lastly I am grateful for my body and being able to stop my fall the right way.

Today-
So it is about six am and I have contractions all night. Sometimes they were 2 minutes apart. That started at 2am and lasted about an hour, then I turned over and they went down to five minutes apart. So my plan for this morning, since I can not sleep anymore, is to get the kids ready for school, send them off, and then go on a walk and see if I can get them to be harder or more contractions. I am sure I will have more to update later tonight. Have a wonderful day if you are reading this! :)

2 comments:

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

Oh nicole how scary you fell off the tramp. I am glad u r ok now. Good luck, hope that boy comes soon!!!

Unknown said...

So sorry Nicole! I guess I will have to have a talk with Nolan! Let me know what I can do for you and your family! We love ya! Oh, and little man Khountham, go ahead and come out real soon!