Tuesday, May 24

ITALY is where it is AT!!!

Jesiah has been attending a different school every Tuesday for the past year. It is a special school for the "talented and gifted" called the Challenge Program. He has loved it!!! Today they had an open house where we got to go and see what he has been working on for the last year. It was amazing. Each child choose a country that they wanted to study, Jesiah choose Italy. Then they completed a "book" about the country that included things like a map, the flag, some different foods, what the country is know for and then some different things like if they were an exchange student there, a letter to their host family, a couple of postcards home on what they saw in their country.... A "Flat Stanley" who was dressed in the local attire. Lastly, they were suppose to bring some kind of food from their country to share with everyone. We brought garlic bread baguette sliced and olive oil, balsamic vinegar with Parmesan cheese, basil and pepper as a dipping sauce to go with it. Yummy. All and all it was a good open house.
I am thankful for a husband that could get off work to come and help me with the little boys (Jaren and Kasen) while we were visiting Jesiah at school.
I am grateful for Mrs. Price who made learning fun and interesting for Jesiah.
I am also grateful for little boys who always make others people smile because they are so darn cute!!!
And lastly I am grateful for Jesiah who has a desire and the ambition to learn new things!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

That sounds so fun for Jessiah. What a great opportunity for him.

I can't believe your little number 5 will be in your arms so soon!

And I am so jealous that you got to see wicked. Maybe someday I'bb be able to. I am glad you enjoyed it:)

Unknown said...

I love your new way of being grateful! I will have to do something similar! So proud of Jesiah too! What a good kid!