Thursday, January 4

Bathroom stuff...

So I guess the no diaper thing didn't work very well. I woke Kassia up at midnight when I was getting ready for bed. She did not want to go to the bathroom. It took about 10-15 minutes just to get her awake enough to realize that she needed to go to the bathroom. I had to read to her after wards, give her a small drink, sing to her etc. I even had to go to the bathroom to show her it was OK. Really different from Jesiah, he just goes and then goes back to bed. No thought into it at all. Kassia is completely different. Then because she was awake, it took her till about one o'clock to go back to sleep. This cause her to sleep later then normal. She was in bed until about 8:00 am. But when she woke up, she had wet the bed. Well that really upset her. What a morning. Not something I want to deal with again. I am sure that there is a better way to get her to not wet the bed in the night time. Maybe when she is three I will try something new. I know that she understands that she is wearing a diaper, in fact, tonight she was not very happy that I put one on her. She did not want to wear it. But until I have plastic for the bed and am ready to really try it then I don't' think it would be worth it again to go through all of that.

After I dealt with the drama morning, I went to a pediatricians office here in Meridian to see if I liked the doctor there. I did, I like the office, the staff and the doctor. She was really nice and talked with me for about an hour. I have a good idea of what her and her partner's philosophy is. I was impressed.

After that it was off to get Jesiah from preschool, then to the airport to pickup Mom and Dad. The kids were so excited to see them. And Mom and Dad were just as excited to see them. Dad had on a bright blue jacket with BSU on it. You could still see the electricity in their faces as they talked about the game. They had so much fun. One of the best games to be at. It was a football game that will be in the history books. They also had fun visiting with Ginger. They brought back some gifts for us. We each got a family gift, but the grandkids....they got the individual gifts. I know that that happens when you have grandkids, they become the priority. That is OK with me, it is fun to see. I never thought that my parents would turn into that. But it is all good.

So after they handed out the gifts to the two kids, they had to hit the road so Dad could get home and prepare for a meeting that night. That is when I told them I was going to Ontario too. So we all headed out. I called Brandi and Krys to tell them we were leaving. They wanted to know so that they could make sure that everything was going to be done. The surprise was awesome. Mom was so surprised. She just keep saying things like, look at this and look at that and wow... and Dad just asked questions like who did this and who did that. It was a good thing we had professionals do most of the really important things like lay tile and texture the walls. Overall they both loved it. Mom loved everything, the pictures, the color of paint, the tile and Dad thought it was very thoughtful that we did it. So the surprise went over very well. I am glad that we are done. It was a little bit more money then we had talked about, but it was worth it. And that is what usually happens right? Anyway it was a good thing.

I spent the rest of the day there and went and helped to look at counter top and a sink for that bathroom. The need to have a working bathroom. Not everyone wants to go down to the bathroom downstairs. I can not see why. I stopped at Krys's house on the way home and had some ice cream with them. We spent about an hour there. I could tell the kids were tired by the energy that they were showing. It was like they had gotten a second wind. They were wired. At about 8:30 we finally got into the car and headed home.

Mom says I am going through a nesting stage right now. A couple of days ago I got this book shelve and storage dresser for Kassia's room. Well even though it was like 9:30pm when we got home, I move the changing table into the hall and Kassia and Jesiah helped me to clean and organize her room. She was so excited to see it up. I still need to put the feet on it. But it sure looks nice in her room. I am glad that I got that done. Now there is a place for everything. I am hoping that tomorrow we can clean the house. I just feel like it is so dirty. Just little things. I would like the carpets cleaned. Yea, that would be nice. Ow well maybe in a couple of months. Wow, I just looked at what time it was and it is late. I should go to bed. More later.

No comments: