Wednesday, January 17

One Week...

Kasen is now one week old. Things are going a lot better. He is latching on now really well. Now I just have to build up my milk supply. I am sure that I can do it. Jesiah and Kassia love their little brother. They always want to hold him and love him. It is amazing to me that we have another little one in our house. I look at Kassia and Jesiah and it is hard to remember that they were this small and young at one time. I always thought Kassia was so small, but now that we have Kasen, he makes Kassia look like a little girl, not a baby girl anymore. Jesiah wanted to sleep with the baby tonight. So cute.

I have had lots of help from friends in our ward. Dinner has come every night since Monday and some nights it has been two dinners in one night. That is ok with me. Then I don't have to fix lunch. I just have to warm up leftovers from the night before. This is wonderful.

On Tuesday morning it was one of those days you wish you could just go back to bed and not wake up for. At about 5:30am I had just finished feeding Kasen and I went to the bathroom to wash my hands. The hot water would not turn on. About half an hour later, Ket got up and had to get ready for work. Still no hot water in our bathroom. He had left the garage door open from the night before. That explains why our house was so cold too. Then his car wouldn't start... so I had to get up and take him to work with all the kids in the car. I had just taken a pill to help my head ache and was a little bit off balance. I had to take Ket to work because I needed the car for pre-school and dance class. So off we go. Kids in tow. So my day started at 4:45am when I feed Kasen. I was so glad that Ket called and told me he was going to be done early. We could come and get him at 1:00pm. When we got home I crashed on my bed till about 4:30pm. What a day. My head pounded.

Today was a lot better. I didn't have anywhere to go today. So it was laid back and a lot better. I still have a little bit of a headache, but overall things are getting better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, so glad your milk supply is strong. Today is your busy day, I hope it is going better then Tuesday did. Did you get your car fixed? Or maybe it was just too cold to start the car.