So today is the end of the week...I have made it though it. It has been tough, some days I was going on four hours of sleep. But today I got about 8 hours, wow, what a difference that makes. I feel really refreshed. So here is what has been going on. Ket came home on Wednesday and was really sick. He walked in changed his clothes and collapsed on the couch. He was there for the rest of the night. He was cold and then hot, had a headache and was really tired. He had the last of the Pho. (soup) I went and cleaned the building for him.
On Thursday my mom came over and watched the kids. I had a training meeting for work. It went really well. I am glad that I went. I forgot to mention that on Tuesday I took Kasen to the doctor and he only weighed 8lbs and 6ozs. He had only gained 6ozs in three weeks. That is a little low. He was half a inch longer. So because it still takes over an hour to feed him each time, that means he is not doing a good job sucking, I am not producing enough milk, or he is not getting to the really rich milk. So I need to supplement. The lactation specialist just keeps saying the more he nurses the more milk I will make. But how long do I have to let him suck for? Anyway so on Wed. I pumped all day to see how much milk I was producing... and in the morning it was a little over 2ozes, that I thought was good, as the day went on it was less and less. By nighttime it was about an 1oz. No wonder he was so fussy at night. Anyway during the day he ate about ever other hour. 2oz of formula. On Thursday it was better because mom was here. I am not sure what he ate during the day. On Friday I was going on 4 hours of sleep, it was a really hard day. I tried feeding him me first, and then the bottle. It was just really hard. By night time I had decide that I would just feed him me when I was really, really full. So that ended up being three times during the day. Morning, noon and nighttime. But even then after he has eaten from me, he still is hungry. He usually ate 2 ozs after that also. Well today he ate 4ozs of formula and was still hungry. So he ate from me and then feel asleep. I feel like I am starting all over. Now I have to figure out his schedule again. I thought I had it down.
On Friday I was able to take a long nap with Kassia. She is sick now. She woke up Thursday night with a fever. So I think she has what ever Ket has. Every night this week, Ket has just come home and crashed. Last night I went and got some meds for Ket, he has a fever, chills, cough, stuffy nose and headache. Sounds like the flu. I was up with Ket and Kassia on Thursday night. Today Ket had to go to work again. I hope he is doing better when he comes home. Kassia still has a fever, running nose, and her eyes look like they are going to cry. She doesn't want to drink anything and is hot and then cold. She cries at a drop of a hat, and is grumpy. She slept about four hours yesterday, and still went to bed at 7:30.
Jesiah has been good though out this week. He seems to have too much energy. But I am sure that is from watching TV all day. He thinks that everything is unfair. Maybe that is because he is five. I am not sure what to do with him. Well I better go. I need to get lunch going. I am suppose to go to Aunt Julie's farewell tomorrow. I don't know if we will be going with sick kids and Ket. I might be staying home with the family to be taking care of them. I can not wait until everyone is well and the TV stays off for the entire day again.
2 comments:
Hi, We missed you yesturday. I didn't know that Ket has been sick on and off all week. That sucks. I wish I lived closer so I could help you out some. I hope your family gets better this week.
oh my gosh nicole!! I can't believe this is you! I just noticed you can search blogger for people so I was searching for friends I've lost contact with and found you guys! what are the chances?! I guess when you have a cool name like Ket, you'll never be too hard to find.
I'm so excited! your family is BEAUTIFUL!! and it sounds like you're doing awesome!
you can check out our blog, too. I also have links to quite a few Hawaii friends with blogs on my blog so it might be fun for you if you haven't already seen them.
I emailed you a few months back when Julie was organizing the reunion because I saw your email address listed and was eager to get back in touch with you.
Look forward to hearing from you!!
cheryl
Post a Comment