So I think that I have figured out a way to diffuse the situation when it comes to Jesiah. He is so quick to get angry, and it shows in his whole body when he does. He pushes his lips together in a tight line, his hands are in a fist, and his whole body is stiff. Today was one of those days for him (more then likely it was due to lack of sleep) that he was determined to be made the WHOLE Day!!! Over little things to say the least. When it was almost Lunch time and he had spent most of the morning in his room, I deiced to see if I could turn the situation around. So here I go, into HIS room, where he is the most mad all day.
(on a side note, he was throwing his Lego's into the hall and who ever walked past his room. I had warned him not to throw them again or they would be taken away. Well it continued, and he had to pick them all up and put them in the bucket, then hand them over to me. After picking them up, throwing them into the bucket, then spilling them out, then starting all over again, he finally handed them over to me, three attempts later.)
I remind him that when he is mad that the best place to hit is his bed...now he can do that with a pillow, or his hand, made no difference to me. I proceed to show him how it was done and then told him that I think I would give that attempt about a 5 or so. I know that I could hit harder then that. So then I handed the pillow to him and asked him what he thought he could do. Well the first six or so attempts were in defiance and the pillow was thrown out the door not at the bed. But I persistent. And after about ten minutes or so, he was shooting for a hundred and laughing instead of being angry. The best part was that it lasted all day! I will have to remember that one.
Kassia on the other hand, when she gets mad, it last about three seconds and then she is over it. I hope that that never ends.
No comments:
Post a Comment