Monday, July 2

Lesson #2

Choices.....
So today most of the conversations with Jesiah consisted in what kinda of options or choices he had today. So here is one of the many (about four different times) conversations.
Me: You have two Choices here Jesiah, the first one is you can walk nicely to your room, not throw any of your toys, not throw a tantrum and sit in your room for five minutes and then go out side and play, or you can stomp to your room, knock down a chair, throw things around, and stay most of the day in your room. So what do you think you would like to do?
Jesiah: But I want to just go outside and play.
Me: I am sorry, but you.... and now you need to spend the five minutes in your room.
Jesiah: I don't want to go to my room.
Me: What is your choice.
Jesiah: I guess I will go to my bedroom nicely.
Me: Good Choice!!!

The logic of a five year old!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

hahaha! Kids are so funny! Sounds like you have some good tantrum diffusing techniques! It was so fun to read all your blogs and see all those pictures of your family!
Take care!

Anonymous said...

lol, sounds like he is getting the idea about logic. You are a good mom Nicole, I am learning alot from you! I am glad you have the oldest kid in our family. :) Thanks for being a good example to me.