Wednesday, November 28

Cabin getaway...

So this last weekend was a wonderful, peaceful and COLD time at our grandparents cabin. Ginger took some picture of the cabin and she did a great job. The cabin is just overlooking the Cascade Lake...Beautiful. We got up there on Thursday and just hung out with my parents, Ginger, Brandi and her kids. Then on Friday Krystal, Robbie and her little ones came up for the Thanksgiving meal. Ket made the dinner that night and it was so good. He always cooks a lot so we had some really good leftovers too! On Saturday we spent the day just chilling, and Ginger was kind enough to take wonderful pictures for us all! Here are some of the pics of my family. She did such a good job. I am most definitely going to use them for the Christmas cards this year.



Here is a family picture that we were able to take. I think this is the very first one. We took three all together. Sometimes you are just not sure which one will work for so many people. I was spoiled that weekend, Brandi did my makeup for the pictures and Krystal did my hair. How lucky am I that I have such talented sisters.
So we have a tradition in our house that I want to share. On the day after Thanksgiving, we have an elf that comes and stays with us until Christmas day. His name is Mr. Peeps. He watches the children throughout the next month to see how good they are. Then he reports back to Santa and tells him how good they have been, and that helps Santa decide what presents they receive. Mr. Peeps moves every night, and if he is touched by anyone, then he looses his "magic" and can not report to Santa. Sometimes when he doesn't move at night it is because the kids were not very good that day, so he has to stay in the same spot. Our Mr. Peeps is a pretty good size elf, and has wire though out his body, so he is able to maneuver into some pretty good places to "watch" over the family.
This is the second or third year that we have had Mr. Peeps in the house, and it works so well. The kids are so excited to see where he is in the morning, and when they start to fight, I just have to remind them that Mr. Peeps is watching. :) Other people in my family have a Mr. Peeps, so it is fun when we go to my sisters house to find out where he is. When Mr. Peeps first appeared there was a poem to tell us what he was for and how he worked.
The other thing that we will start on Saturday is the Advent Calender. I am excited for this. I just love Christmas time. I have already started listening to Christmas music and I have the new Josh Groban CD. It is in the car and that is ALL I listen to...When I am not outnumbered.

6 comments:

Krystal said...

What a beautiful family you have!!! It was a lot of fun at the cabin-albiet clausterphobic at times!! :) We are coming to town today probably-I will bring you the books! :) love you!!

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

wow it looks like you had a great time at the cabin! Your pictures turned out wonderfully! I wish ours turned out as well. I think we may try again. Yes we should get together soon!

JoAnna Anderson said...

What great pictures you'll treasure forever! I love them. You have such a beautiful family Nicole. Happy holidays to you all. Love you & talk to you soon.

Tara said...

Such great pictures. You all look so good. You guys have such beautiful kids. Have a great Christmas.

Amanda B. said...

Wow that cabin looks like a lot of fun! I LOVE the pictures! The one of your family on the stairs is my favorite. By the way, you look great. That hair-cut looks great on you :)

lisa midge said...

You little fmaily is so cute! I love the pictures.