Sunday, December 23

100th post & Gratitude!

Well I have made it to 100 post...I can not believe it!!! I think it would be very appropriate with the season to give thanks for blessings in my life.....

So here goes...

I am grateful for my parents...they have raised me well with values and morals that continue to carry me thought out my daily life. Thank you for the strength, love and devotion that you have taught me and continue to teach me daily.

I am grateful for my wonderful Spouse Ket...he is always happy, looks for a better way to improve my life, and is wonderful with our children. I really truly love him with all my heart, mind and soul. I know that marriage is hard, but if I have to fight with someone, and then get to make up with someone, I would not want to do it with anyone else.

I am grateful for Jesiah...He continually amazes me with his whit and charm. He knows how to work his sister to get what he wants, and me for that matter. His laugh is contagious. Sometime I have to take a double look and see what he is laughing about...but most of the time, I feel like I want to just join in the fun!

I am grateful for Kassia...she always reminds me to stop and smell the roses, hugs and kisses to everyone. She is quick to forgive and easy to please. I defiantly wish I could forgive as easily as she does. She is eager to help out with her little brother and talks all the time of her little sister that is waiting up in Heaven. (for those of you who don't know the story, we wanted Kasen to be a surprise, so we had two names picked out, Kasen and Lexy...Kassia still talks about Lexy that is up in Heaven waiting to come down...it has been a year, I can not believe she still remembers) I am grateful for her memory!

I am grateful for Kasen... He is a joy! There really is no words to describe what he is like...Happy all the time. He will and does brighten my day daily! When he wakes up in the morning I can not wait to see his winning smile! I am excited for the next stages in his life when he gets to talk and tell me what he is really thinking with those big brown eyes of his!!!

I am grateful for my sisters...I know that they are always there for me, that I can call on them for any reason and they will be there to aide me in any way. I love the friendship that we now have, the time we can talk on the phone, the time we spend together with all the cousins running around, and the very few fights! We used to fight all the time when we lived together, about everything...but now it happens maybe once a year. You have to have those fights to remind you of how far we have come!!!

I am grateful for Ket's Parents...for bring him to the United States...what sacrifices that they must have made to move their little family to the states. The stories that they tell me about leaving Laos, living in Thailand, and then the Philippines...finally the United States. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

I am grateful for the simple things in life...the macaroni and Cheese that I can make once a week, a walk across the street to the park, Lego's that get played with daily, quite time for all the kids, volunteering at Jesiah's school, grass that is green, swing set in the back yard, roses in my garden, swimming in the summer, babysitters who love the kids, milk, milk, milk.

I am grateful for Friends...I have really concluded recently that I have some really good friends out there. People that will help me out however they can. When Ket was gone for those two weeks, it was tough, I will not lie. But friends had us over for dinner, helped watch the kids while I went and cleaned the seminary building ( a part time job that we have had for more then a year now) Came and visited so that I was not lonely, called at night to check on me, and took me out to dinner for my birthday!!! I will be forever grateful for those that helped me out. I only hope that I can return the favor at some point in my life.

I am grateful for my Grandparents...Both sets of my grandparents!!! I am always amazed at how much energy they have. Always on the go, not letting life take over, but in control. I am grateful that they both live here in Boise and I can visit anytime. I hope that my kids love their grandparents as much as I love mine. I will always treasure what memories I have of them when I was little!

I am grateful for the rain and snow that helps to make the earth green.

I am grateful for the animals that live on the wonderful planet. I know that this is general statement, but I truly love animals.

I am grateful for my love hate relationship with food! What more is there to say...I love that Ket cooks for me, and oh, the food that he cooks is so so good! Before I met him, I wonder how I ever survived!

I am grateful for emotions... Without them, I could not feel the beautiful joy of LOVE, being proud, happy, frustrated, mad, shy, joy, surprise, and so much more!!!

I am grateful for the computer, Internet and modern technology...with out it, I would have lost touch with so many friends, and I would not have a job. So Thank you.

I am grateful for the Church...being a Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has kept me grounded, knowing and believing that what I am doing is for a better purpose in life. There is so much more to it then just that.

I am grateful for my personal Savior and Lord Jesus Christ. I know that I am important to him...I know that he loves me, and I know that someday I get to return to him. I am also grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that has set up this wonderful plan to return to him. What else to say about it.

I am grateful for Prayer....I know for me this has become a testimony builder this last year. I really see that my day is better, and goes smoothly....having a payer in my heart...and a song on my lip. Sets the mood for the whole day. I know that it doesn't work everyday, but it still works most days.

I am grateful my blog that has brought me be back to keeping a journal...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicole, add me to your e-mail list. ronbon23@hotmail.com
Raundi

ginger said...

Nicole, thank you so much for this blog. I am grateful that you are my sister, and I have been able to be a part of your family while living here in boise, and getting to know them! What a joy they are, and you are so wonderful to me! THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!

Melina Ficek said...

That was so sweet Nicole, what a wonderful post, congrats on your 100th post!! Have a very Merry Christmas!

tutu with love said...

Your thoughts bring tears to my eyes. You are such a wonderful woman. I am proud to be your Mother. I am so grateful for you Nicole. You and your family are joys in my heart and soul.

JoAnna Anderson said...

Happy Posting! I have to say that I look forward to reading your blogs, they are so honest, heartfelt, and so fun to read! Thanks for sharing your thoughts & memories with us. We got your "real" Christmas card in the mail, thank you for sending that to us. Hope you guys have a special holiday. Take care.