Friday, December 28

After Christmas...

We had a Wonderful Christmas, spent it with my family in Ontario, Opened presents, had a good breakfast, took a nap, played with toys, ate lots of food, ate lots of food...It was good.


I have to say that every year I try really hard to only get my kids one or two toys. I think that is very impossible...here is why. One of course has to come from us, then from Santa, Ket's parents send up money for the kids to get them a present, and then of course from my parents. So you think about it and that is Four new Toys. Then I forget that I buy "little gifts" thought out the year...like a book for the stocking, and a puzzle. Then you have to have the new toothbrush & toothpaste. I also wait until Christmas to give things like a new Christmas dress for Kassia, and then Jesiah also gets new Sunday cloths. He got new pants, a couple of shirts and a new tie. He grows so fast that it is amazing to me. So there were a lot of presents under the tree and ever year I feel like it is to much. What more can I do except just give those things throughout the year. We were so busy in the morning that I forgot to take pictures. Ket amazed me and surprised me with a new watch and some stud diamond earrings. I was very surprised and excited. Thanks Hon! He also got me weights, a yoga matt, and an excise ball. Is he trying to tell me something! JK, I asked for those things. I got him a cookbook, a golfing pass (his favorite of all time) and the kids made him a blanket. My Mom got us all Roaring Springs Pass. I love it! Thanks Mom!


Well now I can tell you what what we got my parents. All of us kids went in together and made a canvas poster that is 18x24 and put our pictures on it. I had a lot of fun doing it, and I am grateful to Ginger for taking the pictures again. Here is what it looked like. The pink around the outside did not show up when it was printed. But you can get the just of it. My Mom loved it, and they are excited to get it framed. She told me that ever year she just wants an update of this canvas. So that is an easy Christmas present!

4 comments:

tutu with love said...

Thank you sooooo much for the wonderful memories on Christmas Morning.Iknow that you all will not always be willing to come to our home for Christmas, so I cherish these times.
Everyone did have a great time. I love The Christmas Season. My favorite time of the year. The snow is soooo beatiful.

Anonymous said...

We got your card and loved it, one of the best of the year, you did a great job. Happy holidays
Mark

Brooke said...

Cute idea with the pictures....every year I want to do something like that but I always wait until the last minute then it is too hard to get it all together. Wish we could have come to Ontario..I would love to have seen you!

Brandi said...

Thank you for posting the canvas, I was woundering what it looked like. I love you and miss you all. Alec is missing Jesiah TONS!!! Love you and Happy New Year!!!