Wednesday, January 2

Happy New Year!

I can not believe it is a new year again. Looking back it seemed to have gone so fast. I remember when my mom would tell me to enjoy these years (during High School) because after that the years just go by so fast. I thought she was silly....how could this day drag on any longer. Well I have to say that now I believe her! I have been thinking about New Year resolutions alot today and yesterday. I think that is why I am dragging my feet on this post...I have not really come up with any that I am dying to talk about. I mean there are the usual, get more exercise, read my scriptures more regularly, be kinder, eat better...but nothing has come to mind as "I have never tried it and I think this is the year to...." Maybe as this week goes on, I will figure out what there is that is missing in my life that needs to be added or I need to pay more attention to.

I have to tell say that these last couple of weeks I have been reading a new book! Yeah for me! I am love with them, right now there are three of them and sometime this year there will be a fourth one. I have heard so many people love these books, and I could not figure out why. So I finally gave in and read the first one...(Thanks Krystal for letting me borrow your copy of it!) So the books that I have have been reading are the Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse. They are by Stephenie Myer and are the best books I have read in a long time. I got so engrossed in the lives of Bella Swan and Edward Cullan, that now that I am done reading the last one, I want to pick it right back up and start over, just so I can read about them again. I know that it sounds crazy... I have only read one other book that makes me think about the characters outside of the book. That is the Watership Down. (I read that in high school, and it is about rabbits. Very good.) I even went to her website and read all about her, how she came up with the book idea...there really is a town in Washington called Forks (where the books take palace) so I went to there newspaper and read about when she visited there, they made September 13th Stephenie Myer day...I read on the website about she is working on a book about Edward's point of view and the first 20 pages are available to read on the Internet. I am in LOVE with these characters. I am almost tempted to read the books again, just so that I am lost in their world again. However I think my husband would kill me. The house has really suffered...I have five loads of laundry on the couch, the dishes have only been done to the bare necessities, and the house is a general wreck. So I will resist the desire to pick them up again and just wait for the forth book to get closer to being released and then I will reread them all again!

12 comments:

Krystal said...

Ha!!! I knew that you would love them! ;) I did reread them after I read them the first time actually. But that was right when I had Chloe, so the house was in general disorder anyway!! How did your New Years party go?

Melina Ficek said...

Hey, I read Twilight and have New Moon and Eclipse waiting for me on my bbokcase when I am done with another series. Pretty good huh? There is also a movie coming too.

tutu with love said...

I also fell in love with these books. I love the adventure of reading. I am so glad that all my children have the same love that I have. Has Ginger read the yet? I don't think she has.

You do not have to come up with a new years goal if you don't want to. You are great the way you are. I love, and am proud of you and your family.

Dana and ohana said...

Such-good-books! Really, I was no good for the few days it took me to get through them. I had to lend them out to friends just so I wouldn't re-read them!

Brooke said...

Nicole...I'm in the same boat. I first read them a couple of months ago and since then I have went out and bought all of them and read them all over again. I must say Eclipse is my absolute favorite. I'm dying for a movie to see what Edward looks like!!! I also went and read all about her on her website and the people she thinks would fit the characters for the movie. My house also suffered, but I also read them late through the night...I just couldn't put them down...my husband thinks I'm crazy!

Brandi said...

wow, I'll have to read them soon! I am so thankful that mom has given us the desire and love of reading.

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

yay, I am so glad you read and loved them. I can not wait to talk to you about it. You have more self control than I did I, I did read them twice in a row. I have been wanting to make it a third ever since but just like you said I would ignore everything else. but it is so fun to get lost in their world!

tutu with love said...

Krystal made it so anybody can read my blog, so you can look at it again!

Emily said...

I am so glad to hear from you. The family is adorable. I think that you will really love Dan and Nicole being in your ward. They are great. I have to laugh because Nicole is the one who got me hooked on the Twilight series. They are so good, you can't put them down. We'll have to keep in touch.

Amy said...

Yay! I am a Twilight junkie!

JoAnna Anderson said...

I have to tell you that I am in the middle of the 1st book....I am totally addicted! When you say that your house was suffering....that is my problem at the moment. Anyway, just wanted to tell you that I am sharing the love of the book with you!

Stephanie said...

I was in the same situation as you when I was reading the 1st book. My sister told me about it and since then, I've been hooked and I had to binge read in 2 days to finish it. Kevin was giving me such a bad time about not wanting to spend time with him, and instead indulge in vampires. :)