President Gordon B. Hinckley died today. He died around 7pm in his home. His family was there to be him. I am glad he had his family around him. He was 97 years old. Here is a link to the press release on the LDS website. As I reflect on his passing this great and wonderful man, I realize that he was "my Prophet" For almost 13 years, I can remember him. I remember in 1995 when he was ordained as the President of our Church. I was in 10th grade. I remember the call to have over 100 temples on the earth, I remember waiting on Saturday and Sunday during General Conference to hear him speak, I remember when he received a plane from a member and was able to fly all over the world to visit different places. I remember when his sweet wife died. I remember when his was on Larry King Live. I remember when he came to Rexburg to give a devotional to the student body...When he came in we sang Hail to the Prophet. That was a special moment. He has made an impact on my life, simply by being a part of it for the last 12 years. He has called me and others, to be better in our lives, hold virtue to the highest, the "Be attitudes" of our lives, "The Proclamation to the family" and so much more. I am very sad that he has passed away. I am happy that he is with his sweet wife again. What more is there to say about this Great Man! He was apart of my life, I loved him with all my heart, and will miss his jokes and warmth that he possessed. Thank you for leading and guiding us for almost 13 years.
Sunday, January 27
President Gordon B. Hinckley
President Gordon B. Hinckley died today. He died around 7pm in his home. His family was there to be him. I am glad he had his family around him. He was 97 years old. Here is a link to the press release on the LDS website. As I reflect on his passing this great and wonderful man, I realize that he was "my Prophet" For almost 13 years, I can remember him. I remember in 1995 when he was ordained as the President of our Church. I was in 10th grade. I remember the call to have over 100 temples on the earth, I remember waiting on Saturday and Sunday during General Conference to hear him speak, I remember when he received a plane from a member and was able to fly all over the world to visit different places. I remember when his sweet wife died. I remember when his was on Larry King Live. I remember when he came to Rexburg to give a devotional to the student body...When he came in we sang Hail to the Prophet. That was a special moment. He has made an impact on my life, simply by being a part of it for the last 12 years. He has called me and others, to be better in our lives, hold virtue to the highest, the "Be attitudes" of our lives, "The Proclamation to the family" and so much more. I am very sad that he has passed away. I am happy that he is with his sweet wife again. What more is there to say about this Great Man! He was apart of my life, I loved him with all my heart, and will miss his jokes and warmth that he possessed. Thank you for leading and guiding us for almost 13 years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You said everything perfectly Nicole. Thanks for this blog.
I was sad to hear the news as well. It is really just an amazing thing to know what he will get to see....Heavenly Fathers arms open wide to him & his sweet wife. He was such an inspirational prophet. Thanks for your words about him.
Nicole, Thank you for the heartfelt posting. I also will miss this most acceptional man. He is with his Sweetheart now, and I am sure he is happy, as always.
Nicole, thank you for your post. you always know how to put your thoughts and feelings into eloquent wording. I do not have this talent. He was an inspiration to me as well, and I will definately miss him.
Nicole - You have a lot of personal memories of our prophet. That is really neat. I think the Family proclamation was one of the things that has impacted me personally the most. I have referred to it many times. I have to say the prophet I feel is "my" prophet is Spencer W. Kimball. I know that was a long time ago but he was the prophet during some of the hardest times of my life so he is who I think of that way. Thank you for the post. It was fun to think back to the many things he did in the past 13 years.
Post a Comment