The rest of the day we pretty much crashed until Mom came over to help me clean out more stuff. We packed up the kids room, and the linen closet. Now all the toys that are left are the toys in the living room.
On Sunday it was over to my Mom's house for Easter dinner and another egg hunt for the kids. They loved this one. I have to admit that I think that
That night I made Potato soup. It was such a soup day. And it was so good! The recipe is really easy too. I like those kind. If you end up making it let me know how you like it. I think that is it.
Potato Soup
- 4 Large baking potatoes
2/3 cup butter or margarine
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
6 cups milk
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 ½ cups (6 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
12 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled, and divided
4 green onions, chopped and divided
1 (8-ounce) carton sour cream
Wash potatoes; prick several times with a fork. Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour or until done; let cool. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop out and reserve pulp. Discard shells.
Melt butter over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
Stir in potato, salt, pepper, 1 cup cheese, ½ cup bacon, and 2 tablespoons green onions; cook until heated (do not boil). Stir in sour cream; cook just until heated (do not boil). Serve with remaining cheese, bacon, and green onions. Yield: 2 ½ quarts.
5 comments:
oh wow, the pictures of your kids turned out beautiful. All of them. how fun.
I will have to try the soup recipe. sounds easy and yummy.
I loved the pictures! Were is the one of Kasen taken in the round thing? Ginger is so talented!
i miss you guys soo much!!!!!
i need ginger to takes pics of my family! i should call her...also potato soup was awesome! i was going to ask you for the recipe and saw it here. yeah! i am probably going to make it this weekend!
O you guys have some super cute kids looks like you guys had fun!
Post a Comment