Tuesday, April 8

IT's A BoY!

On April 1st I went in for my ultrasound...Kassia and Kasen went with me to Ontario to the appointment. Kassia got to see the baby. We found out the baby was a boy! Yea! We got to see the baby move his mouth up and down, and we even got to see his tongue move in and out of his mouth. Kassia thought that was pretty cool. She even wanted to name him Diamond. I am not sure where she got that...I think from my Mom. She was there too. I had to have another adult there for the kids.I am really excited that this one is a boy. Kasen and this little one will be about eighteen months apart, and I hope the best of friends. When I called Ket after the appointment he thought I was kidding because of it being April first-fools day. Then he said, "O Crap, that means that you want to try for another girl, huh" I just said that we will take it one baby at a time.I also thought Kassia would drop wanting to have a sister, she even stoped talking about her sister up in Heaven....for about a week. Yesterday we went to Target and she saw a cute dress that was to small for her, and she said "Mom look that is such a cute dress for my little sister."I said, "Kassia, we are having a boy, not a girl. He will be your brother. OK"Kassia said, " I know, but my sister is still in Heaven and she will come down, and then that will be a cute dress for her."Ok, what to say to that...move on fast. Don't look back and keep on going. In Target that is.Other then finding out we are having a boy, Ket has been working long, long hours getting ready for the opening of the hotel. It is to open on Wednesday. Things look really good, however we never see him. He leaves at 8am and is gone until 10 or 11 at night. A couple of even later nights here and there. While he has been gone, I have been working with lenders, and a realastate agent, to find our new house and get the loan approved and ready to go. Last week I had such a headache. But this week is it much better. So we did find a house that we both liked...Last Monday we put an offer into the house, and now we are still waiting to hear back from them. The reason is because the house is owned by a company and when that happens they have to many lawyers looking at the paper work and being very picky. But if we can hold on, it will be worth it in the end. The house is in a great neighborhood and it is a great price. Just under $100 dollars a square foot, make it a deal. Most house around here are going for about 130-109 a square foot. So we got lucky.We are getting down to the wire. This Friday we will be moving all our stuff out of the house, then on Saturday I will be cleaning the house. The new renter will be moving in on Monday. Today we went over and signed the lease. It feels good to have that part done. I am pretty sure that I will be just grateful when this month is over. I don't know how I could get it done without the help of my family. Thanks Mom and Dad for all you do!Well enough babbling....I will try and post some more in the next couple of weeks.

10 comments:

tutu with love said...

Hi sweetheart! You are so welcome. I was coming over to see my parents today, and be with you, however, Brandi is really sick, and so I am still here with the kids. I haven't seen Brandi since this morning. She is in bed. Hopefully, I will be over in the morninbg to see my parents and be with you. love you for always....Congrates Ket on the opening of your new hotel

Brandi said...

I am glad that your life might be slowing down. And that the part about your house is taken care of. :) I am excited to see your new house.

Stephanie said...

Congrats on finding a place, hope it all works out great! Why are you moving out of your current home anyway? I think I may have missed it in an earlier blog entry, sorry.

Melina Ficek said...

Congrats, I bet you are so excited!! Good luck with the move and the baby, yikes you are a busy lady!

Jennifer said...

Hi...I am finding myself with time to "blog surf" today and I decided to click on some of R's favorite blogs on her blog My Many Coloured Days and I found your blog. I really enjoyed reading hope you don't mind me commenting.

Krystal said...

CONGRATULATION!!!

Karessie said...

NICOLE AND KET!!!! It's been AGES :D :D :D I randomly found you guys by jumping blog pages (looking for people I know) and am in shock that you have THREE kids!!! (one on the way!) congrats on all the blessings that have come your way these few years :)

I'm still in Hawaii and FINALLY almost done with school, ha ha ha :) Anyways, keep in touch!

Amy said...

Yay for a boy! Congrats!

Amanda B. said...

Hurray for a boy!!! That's exciting. Moving while pregnant is the pits though. We moved when I was 20 weeks prego with Leah and I was absolutely exhausted!! Take care of yourself. :)

thelivesofthebradyfamily said...

Wow, big things happening! Opening a hotel, moving and pregnant! You are amazing. Congratulations for a boy!