Sunday, May 11

Happy Mothers Day!

Ok, so I know it has been a while since I have written last. But before I get into that, I just want to take a minute and wish everyone a Happy Mothers Day! When I was little and Mothers day would come around, I didn't quite understand what it really meant. I would always give my mom something (at least I think I did), but until just recently I don't think I really understood the day. Of course with three kids, I think it should mean for me to take a break and not have to do anything, alas (inset a sigh) I know that will never happen. But today giving my Mom a book of Gratitude and Memories from all of us girls meant the world to her and to us. This was a project started more then a month ago, calling my dad almost everyday to have him write a little something to be included in the book, this was emailing my sisters to get online and finish their part of the book, adding the last minute touches, and this was me reviewing everything and saying it was ok to publish. To have her sit and read it and cry over every page, and all of us girls sitting around her listening...we are all grown up now and all know the responsibility of taking care of someone....and then to have my dad read his part in the book and have him choke up, with tears running down his checks, none of us could say anything...I knew what it really meant to be a MOM. That feeling we had at that moment in time...that love that was felt in the room...that beautiful peace of history that will live in my heart forever, is what it means to be a Mom, Grandmother, and even the bigger picture- a FAMILY! So if you understand me, then wonderful, if not then just know that Mothers are special people, with gifts from God that are only for Mothers. Happy Mothers Day!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

This sounds like the world's greatest mother's day gift. Happy mother's day to you, Nicole, you deserve it!

tutu with love said...

Nicole, as your Mother and the recepicant of this lovely book, I would like to tell you that you did give me wonderful gifts from your heart.
I did try to be brave, and not cry. I did cry, and couldn't see the words. You all were wonderful to make this beatiful memory and triputute book for me.
It is the most touching book and gift I have ever recieved.
Thank you