Ok, I need to update what has been going on with us since our trip to Utah. ALOT! We got back from our trip on Monday, signed for our new house on Tuesday around three or so, Then on Wednesday we got the call around 5pm telling us that all the documents were done, and the house was ours! Yea, we were so excited. Same day, Kasen started getting sick, didn't think anything of it, he was more clinging and wanted me to hold him, but just thought it was because of all the travailing. Thursday he was running a temperature of about 101 for most of the day. I was suppose to go to the new house and start prepping it for painting. Didn't get that done. Ket tells me he wants to move out of the hotel that weekend, so what ever painting we were going to get done had to be done that day and Friday. I told him there was no way I was going to be able to start painting with sick Kasen at my side all day. Friday he was still sick, but I had picked out colors, Ginger came over and help prep the house and Ket and I started painting around 7pm that night. Ginger took the kids to the hotel and stayed with them till about 9pm or so. Mom and Dad called and asked if we needed help around 8pm and then they came over. Ket, Mom and Dad painted until about 2am. I thought we would just do the kitchen, but they got the living room, kitchen, dining room, hallway and started our bedroom too.
Saturday we had the PODS delivered that day at about 9am. Mom and I came over to finish up painting, and Ket brought the kids over about noon. Both PODS were delivered, and then around 2pm a couple of guys showed up to help move stuff into our new house. I went and got subway sandwiches for everyone. (only five dollars for a footlong, can not beat that!) Kassia crashed on the sofa upstairs in the play room, and when I check on her she was running a fever. Jesiah didn't look very well either. But he was to excited to see his bike!
They were done moving everything out of the pods and into the garage and most of the big stuff into the house around 5pm or so. Thank you for their help! We unpacked some stuff but around 6 or 7 Kassia started throwing up. So I took the kids back to the hotel and got them ready for bed. Ket came later and then started the laundry. That night about midnight, Jesiah throws up and gets a fever. So now I have three sick kids, and this is the last night at the hotel. My parents stayed and helped out on Sunday too! I told Dad about how the sprinklers didn't work because of blah, blah blah. And he spend the entire day on Saturday and Sunday fixing them. He ended up having to replace 10 motorized heads, (you have to dig these ones up) and five smaller heads. Now we have Sprinklers that work! Thanks DAD! While he is doing this, Ket is moving our stuff in and I was finishing up one more coat of paint on a wall. I turned to Mom and asked her if there was anything else we could be doing, like knitting a sweater or Canning some Peaches! She just started laughing.
So all in all, we got moved in and a lot of painting done in two days. Ginger and Jenn (from work) came over and emptied my kitchen for me. I am very grateful for that, I think it would still be in boxes if they hand not unpacked it. I look back on that week, which it was just last week and I am not sure how I survived. But we did! I told Ket we better not be moving anytime soon! (And soon to me is anytime in the next ten years!)
Besides moving, I have been taking Jesiah to school everyday, picking him up....changing Kasens naps to one a day, after lunch, taking Kassia to pre-school, dance and others stuff. So life has not slowed down because we moved. It just has added to the craziness!
Today we had everyone (Sisters, and Grandma and Grandpa Dunn, and my Parents) over for late dinner early lunch for Mothers day. So Ket and I stayed up late last night and put some pictures up, and cleaned up as much as we could. I am very tired now.
I have a lot of pictures I just need to get them onto my new computer. Yes, that is something else we did this last week. I had to get a new computer. It is another Laptop. I really just wanted a desk top so that it could not break, but Ket convinced me that this was better. Now as I am laying in bed, I agree. Have a great week.
4 comments:
Wow! I don't envy you at all, though I am glad that you are all moved in. I am definitly going to have to stop by when I am driving through next time.
Oh my goodness, you deserve a medal or something. What a difficult thing...to go through all that and with sick children. It's always so hard when they are sick and miserable. I hope everyone is better now and that you are finding some time to relax and rest! Congrats on the new house, I cannot wait to see some pictures!
Yeah for the new house! Post some pics!!!
Hey Nicole and Ket! I found your blog on Amanda's. How are you??? Where are you? Congrats on number 4 on the way! We have 2 daughters and we live in Folsom, CA. Alan just finished his first year of law school. Love to hear from you!
Post a Comment