Monday, May 26

What a weekend!

So this past week Ket has been gone to Washington DC on a business trip. He left on Monday morning and came back Sunday around noon. It was a long week for me. The house is still not put together from moving in....Jesiah started Track Brake, (so he was home everyday all day and bored) The kids are starting to feel a little out of place with none of their toys were they belong, or their cloths. I know the feeling. I also didn't have the desire or energy to clean up any of the rooms. The reason was because I needed a Dresser in Kassia's room to even get stared, and Jesiah and Kasen need to switch rooms. I know that I could not take the crib apart and change rooms. (I did try with that one. But it seemed every time I got a minute it was when Kasen was sleeping...so no, taking the crib apart was not going to work.) I also got this really bad sinus headcold or something. On Saturday I went out and pulled some weeds, and then the rest of the week I suffered big time for it. I was pretty down. It was a bad time for him to leave. But he had to do the training and so that was that.
Well On Sunday when He got back we took the kids to Cirque Du Soleil. It was really good. I am glad we got to do that. I didn't think Kasen would like it, in fact it was his nap time....but he stayed awake the whole time and enjoyed it very much. There were a couple of times I thought he was asleep, but he just kept on watching the performers. Both the kids love it! Kassia on the way home was taking about when she grows up she want to perfom like those two girls that we swinging on the bars....and Jesiah was talking about how he wanted to perfom the bike tricks. He thought that part was really cool! What a blast!
Then today, it was cleaning day. Ket helped me get the Dresser up to Kassia's room and that was it for me. That was all I needed. Kassia and I got her room clean, (I also filled a trash bag of stuff that had made its way to her room, the bathroom and the hall,) Then I move onto the bathroom, then lost wind when I hit Jesiah's room. I still needed the beds changed and why would I clean up and organize his stuff when I was going to have to move it soon. So I moved onto the bonus room, or family room upstairs. We (Jesiah, Kassia, and even Kasen) helped get that clean. I didn't get the office put together yet, but that will come. The downstairs also got cleaned, and Ket mowed the really long grass. It took him about two hours to mow it. CRAZY!
We also called Grandma and Grandpa Mairs and asked them to come over for dinner. Ket really wanted to BBQ...so we had shrimp and steak. Grilled veggies and corn on the cob. Grandma brought over a Cherry/Rhubarb crisp that was so good. Thanks Grandma! It was great to visit with them. The recipe is below. I will have to try making it sometime.
Tonight we sent the kids upstairs to get the PJ's on and Jesiah never came down. WE called him and waited for scripture and Prayer, then Ket went upstairs and found him already asleep on his bed, clothes and all. He must have been pretty tried from being outside all day, playing and riding his bike.
A new thing for him is that he can now ride his bike without training wheels. I will have to take picture's of this. He was so proud of himself. I was wondering when that would happen. And it just did. I am glad that he decide it was going to be ok without the extra wheels.
Well I think that is about it. I know, I know....I need to get some pictures. I will. I don't like this laptop that we bought and so I will be taking it back tomorrow. See ya....

Cherry/Rhubarb Crunch
1 tsp shortrening or floured baking spray
1 cup rolled oatrs
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine
4 cups diced rhubarb,
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 cup cold water
1 tsp almond extraxt
1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan with shortening or floured baking spray. In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, flour and salt. Stir well. Using a pastry cutter or fork, cut in butter until crumbly. Pat 2 cups of the mixture into prepared pan. Set aside remaining crumb mixture. Cover mixture in pan with rhubarb. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in cold water; cook until mixture is thickened and clear over medium heat, 2 to 3 min. Stir in extract and cherry filling; spoon over rhubarb. Combine nuts with reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over cherries. Bake 40 to 45 min. .

4 comments:

tutu with love said...

Hi Sweetheart! I am so glad you got the upstairs done. Or almost done. It is so nice that Ket came home to help you. Lucky Woman to have such a wonderful husband.
Why don't you like the lap top you bought? Just wondering.
Congrates to Jesiah for riding his bike with two wheels! How exciting!
Sometimes life just wears us out,and we get oh so tired, and fall asleep with our clothes on.

Krystal said...

I wish I could have gone to Cirque Du Soleil!! I'm glad you got to take your family!

Sarah said...

Nicole...what wild couple of weeks you have had. I am glad that you guys are getting settled and back in the swing of things. I can only imagine all of the work that you have been doing! You guys are in my thoughts. Call when you have a break in the action...Love the hair by the way!

Amy said...

Hi Nicole!
I feel so bad for you! It is so not fun to do big moving when you are pregnant! I wish you lots of luck as you continue to settle in!