So, I have to confess, the last couple of weeks has been really hard. Why you might ask...Well when it comes to your health, you take it for granted until it crashes down around you.
On the third of July, Kassia woke up with a fever. Didn't think much of it. We had been really busy and so I just thought it was catching up to her. She slept alot that day, up-checked at the hotel (we had gone there for breakfast that morning) and then that night she was very hot again. We gave her meds, and the fever broke. This lasted about four days straight before she was feeling better.
Then the next day, Kasen had a fever. He was holding his mouth weird and wouldn't eat or drink hardly anything. He was so cranky...I thought it was because he had some teeth coming in. But after four days of a fever, I mean like 102+ and it didn't seem to matter whether I gave him meds, (sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't) and his mouth started getting blisters in it, I took him to the doctor. She said he had Hand and Foot. It is a virus that is going around and is very contagious to little kids. She also said it could last up to another 5-7 days before he is feeling better and he is contagious as long as he has a fever. Because it is a virus, there is nothing that can be given to him, it has to work its course, and I just need to keep him from dehydrating. She also thought that Kassia had had it, but the fever had done its job, and she never broke out in a rash or blisters.
So Kasen is just now feeling better, his blisters are clearing up, he is eating more and he is a lot happier then he was a week ago on the 7th when it all started. Well it is Jesiah's turn.... he got a fever on Saturday night and today he up-chucked and has had a hard time eating. He reached 103.3 today and I gave him meds, about an hour later his fever had broke and he felt better. But I am sure that it is not over.
It is really hard when your kids are sick, I feel like we have not gone anywhere or done anything fun for a while. I have to confess that I have not been taking care of myself either. I saw the doctor on Wednesday and he said I have really low Iron, and am dehydrated. So I get to take Iron pills, and need to drink more water. But the water hurts so bad when I drink it. It comes right back up, and hurts across my back. So I also get to take a prescription Zantic for that. But I may have found the solution. I was at my cousins house on the 10th for a Pampered Chief Party and she had made some Peppermint Tea, I drank about four glasses in about 2 hours and I never once felt it come back up. So I went and got some from the store and now I make it ever day and have it in a pitcher in the fridge, my goal is to drink the whole pitcher (about 3 quarts) and so far I have. I guess if you don't take care of your self, then it will all happen at once and then you have to do a whole bunch of things to catch up. That is how I feel. Well enough about my health woes...This is the middle of the month and the rest of it will be a ton better!
So Kasen is just now feeling better, his blisters are clearing up, he is eating more and he is a lot happier then he was a week ago on the 7th when it all started. Well it is Jesiah's turn.... he got a fever on Saturday night and today he up-chucked and has had a hard time eating. He reached 103.3 today and I gave him meds, about an hour later his fever had broke and he felt better. But I am sure that it is not over.
It is really hard when your kids are sick, I feel like we have not gone anywhere or done anything fun for a while. I have to confess that I have not been taking care of myself either. I saw the doctor on Wednesday and he said I have really low Iron, and am dehydrated. So I get to take Iron pills, and need to drink more water. But the water hurts so bad when I drink it. It comes right back up, and hurts across my back. So I also get to take a prescription Zantic for that. But I may have found the solution. I was at my cousins house on the 10th for a Pampered Chief Party and she had made some Peppermint Tea, I drank about four glasses in about 2 hours and I never once felt it come back up. So I went and got some from the store and now I make it ever day and have it in a pitcher in the fridge, my goal is to drink the whole pitcher (about 3 quarts) and so far I have. I guess if you don't take care of your self, then it will all happen at once and then you have to do a whole bunch of things to catch up. That is how I feel. Well enough about my health woes...This is the middle of the month and the rest of it will be a ton better!
3 comments:
I'm so sorry that everyone has been sick!! I especially hate it when the kids are sick during the summer!! Email me when you are coming to the Open House. melinaficek@hotmail.com
I would love to see you and your cute family!!
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. It has to be miserable when you're prego and still have to take care if everything. Let me know when you feel better. I'll try to get together with you then. Right now, take care of yourself.
I'm so sorry that your family has been sick. I wish I lived closer so I could help you. I am glad that everyone is getting over the hand and foot.
Post a Comment