Sunday, August 10

A new Month...

I can not believe it is a new Month already.... Things sure have flown by...
The Funeral was very good, of course like I thought my sisters and I did not make it through the song..The Rose. I was the one that they were concerned about, but it ended up being them that broke down and could not finish the song. But everyone said what a nice job we did. Ginger made a slide show that was showed the the cultural hall after the funeral. It was very good. I got to sit down and watch it for a little bit. The music behind it was Wind Beneath my My Wings. What was said about Grandpa was very nice during the funeral, and it amazed me at the amount of people that he touch in his life time. To me he was always my Grandpa, but to others, he was a biker, a racer, a friend, the Honest auto mechanic, Bill, Uncle Bill, the member of the Lions Club, ect. It makes me stop and think about how people view me. I know my number one thing is a Mom....but I wonder what others see.

So what else has been going on....Well Krystal and I worked a both at the local Fair here in Ontario. It was a busy week. I had my kids here at my parents house the entire week and Ket lived up living solo for the week. Brandi watch my kids, made the lunch and dinner, and then had to put all of them to bed. Wow...she did great. THANK YOU BRANDI! Of course I could not have done the fair with out her. She made some really good meals from that cook book that Jessica Seinfeld wrote called “Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food,” (I have added a link to the book) I really enjoyed the Mac & Cheese that is made with cauliflower in it! Anyway it was a fun and hectic week.

Then this last week Ket left for a trip in California for Marriott training. He said it was one of the hardest trainings he did. He got home on Saturday. I tried to get as much done as I could while he was gone, but it seemed like what ever I had planed just did not workout. I ended getting my car fixed, it died on my while I was at the car wash, getting Ket's car fixed (it has had a check engine like on for about 4 months now) The air conditioner stopped working on Friday, and it seemed like it was just one thing after another. So I never got those baby clothes out, washed and put away or cleaned up our yard like I wanted to... I am ready to hire someone to come and do it for me. I am tried of looking at all the weeds in the yard! I didn't realize how bad it was until I took the garbage out from the side of the house and weeds were as tall as me! Ket has been so busy and gone a lot, and I can not be of much help, (I am very allergic to grass and weeds and flowers when I am pregnant. I get a rash where ever I have touch it and then my eyes and face get all stuffy like I have a cold. Not much fun, and I suffer for about two weeks after.) By Friday I was frustrated and called Ket and yelled at him about how much I hated out house! He took it in stride and said he would be home the next day and would get as much done as he could. And he did!
On a positive note, my Dear Sweet Grandma called and wanted to bring me diner while he was gone. Of course I said sure and so her and Grandpa brought over Fried Chicken and Mac salad with rolls. The they even did dessert, Rootbeer Floats. Jesiah love them and so did Kasen. Kassia does not like pop, but she tried it for a minute and then just wanted ice cream and chocolate syrup. Thank you Grandma for bring over diner. You are the best!
I also managed to put aside three different meals in the freezer for when I have the baby. So that will help out I am sure. I wanted to get more done, but it didn't happen.
So the latest news about when I am going to have this baby.... I thought it would be today, I had a lot of contractions last night, I even called the doctor and he told me to come in and we would get started...but when I showed up I was not far enough along to get started, so I was sent home. I have to stay around the area in case I do go into labor....This is very hard for me because that means I stay here in Ontario and can not go back to my house. There is so much to do, that it is driving me crazy. But both Ket and my doctor do not want me to have it on the side of the road...so stay I will, Like- I will try. I guess the baby could come at any time this week. I am due on Sunday. Ket said that he would go back home with the list of things that needed to be done and do as many as he could. So that made me feel a little better. I hope I have him soon!

Well enough of my up date. More later. Night.

6 comments:

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

hey sorry you have had such a hard time, I would be willing to go wash baby clothes, how fun! So I am guessing you will be in Ontario all week. We will figure something out. I hope you have a great week and hopefully I will see you soon!

Cameron. Elizabeth. Greta. Austin. said...

good luck with the labor! You might want to consider hiring someone to do your yard... we hired a boy from our ward because Cam is busy with work and the kids cling onto him as soon as he gets home, and I just cant seem to get it done with a 1 year old and a 2 year old... but getting the yard done relieves a lot of our stress.

Cristi said...

My sister loves that cook book, too!

Stephanie said...

Sounds like you've been busy and it's only going to get more busy! Good luck with labor and delivery. We'll be keeping you in our prayers! Until then, try to relax and enjoy yourself!! :) Can't wait to hear the birth story and see pictures of baby!

Melina Ficek said...

Good luck with everything Nicole, I hope everything goes well with the delivery of your new little one. I will be checking your blog daily for news!!

the blonde potato said...

How am I supposed to bring you princess snack or see your new baby if you're having him in Ontario??! j/k Hope all goes well -I'll be checking for your baby post!