Monday, September 15

One Month old & Chores...

Well we have hit the one month mark. Jaren was one month on the 13th! He still has blue eyes. I am beginning to wonder if they will change to brown or what will happen. He is a good baby. Just eats, sleeps and poops. He really doesn't cry much unless he is hungry. He is on a good schedule already...or at least I think it is a schedule. He is like clock work, every two and half to three hours he wants to eat. Then he has about a twenty minute awake time (if he doesn't fall asleep eating) and then he sleeps for about two hours or so. At night he is up to four hours of sleeping. (just this last couple of days) I am getting some sleep. A nap here and there during the day has been very helpful.
Breastfeeding- well that is going the same. I feed him for about 20 minutes on each side and then if he is hungry he gets a bottle. When I don't feed him from me he eats about four ozs of formula. I don't have very fat milk. When I do pump and it separates...there is only two layers. So the formula helps make sure he gains the weight he needs. I think if I can keep it going for a little bit longer then that will be good. I am sure that I will start to dry up on my own too. I am not sure if I am a better mom now or more lazy but Jaren has only had two baths in one month, and I remember with Jesiah he had one every week at least.
Last Saturday, on the 6th, my grandma had a baby shower for me and Jaren. It was really fun! I got some really neat things, and cute outfits. One thing that I got was a magnet chore chart. I have trying all summer to make chore charts for my kids so that they can have some responsibility. I never got around to making the charts, but I still had them do chores. Kassia is very good at emptying the dishwasher. And Jesiah can now load it. He doesn't like to because he gets his hands wet and dirty. I think that is so funny. Anyway these chore charts are great. We have done it now for a whole week and I love it. They each got to pick their own reward and they both choose computer time. If I have to remind them to much to say get dressed in the morning...(this is one of their chores) then they don't get to put up their smiling face on that one for that day. I try to make sure there are some easy chores and then some that are a little bit more difficult. The chart is made of wood and the little magnet pieces are wood too. Ginger and Brandi got it for me. Thanks!
Well besides survival...nothing much has been going on. Last night my parents stopped by and Dad fixed the ceiling fan for me. It needed balancing. We now have two quarters and a nickle tapped to our fan blades. I have found that if I have a little project for him to do when he is here then he will stay and visit. But if we are just talking he gets antsy and needs to leave. Then about 7pm or so I deiced I wanted Ice Cream. We didn't have any, but I wanted to go and get some. Jesiah said that we couldn't because it was Sunday and we are not suppose to go to the store or go out on the Sabbath. Oh, what a good boy he is. But Dad said he would buy and so off we went. It hit the spot. It was fun to spend time with them. Thanks Dad. Thanks Mom for making him stop and see us!

8 comments:

Elizabeth M said...

i am glad you updated your blog! and as for the bathing thing...i only remembered to do it when their neck started smelling funky (sounds gross i know) but the girls always got milk stuck down there. wiping them w/ a warm washcloth still counts as an infant bath to me!

Cameron. Elizabeth. Greta. Austin. said...

That chore chart sounds really cool! I'd like to see a picture of it. I would like one for Greta, we just use a piece of paper, but a cute one would be really nice.

Brandi said...

lol.. it sounds like you have dad pegged...

Michelle & Rick said...

oh its sad that i have not made it over to see you guys! it great to hear things are good ....miss you and i will call soon ...hopefully...

tutu with love said...

You really have your Dad figured out. Way to go. Ice Cream is always a good thing.
Dad's Birthday was yesterday. I took him out to dinner, but I made him buy. I didn't have any money for dinner. Sweet guy that he is, he did pay.

Amy said...

That is so funny about your Dad! I need a chore chart for my kids too! Congrats on making it one month!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I finally found your family blog again. Somehow I lost the link. Max made a new blog for our family. It is maxandraundi.blogspot.com I think I am going to stop updating Jacob's blog and just include him on our blog since he is part of our family. We need to get together again with you guys. I did try to get to your jewlery party but I was out on a much needed shopping trip with Jacob. He had no fall clothes. Not even socks. Have you gotten your Halloween costumes for your kids? I bought one for Jacob but I am still looking as well. Someone said Costco's are cute and inexpensive. Well-gotta watch the BSU game.

It's all about the "Crew" said...

Ket,

I just wanted to update you that we have locked our blog. Since I don't have your email address, you can go to our new public blog and it will direct you in.

That address is

ourstewartship.blogspot.com

I added your family blog to our list, and look forward to catching up with you via the blogs. Take care.

BTW -are you in the Boise area?

Take care!
Sybrina (Winterton) Stewart