Good news, Good News! This month with the warm weather has sure picked up for us. It seems like things are just falling into place and our little family is raising above the storm. Last November Ket applied for a job here in Boise as a GM... He never heard anything from it. Well about two weeks ago today, they called him and asked if he was interested in interviewing for the job. He said he would have to think about it. He called me and told me what happened. I asked if he was going to interview or not, and he said he didn't think so. I said he should just to see what happened. So he had an interview the next day for 11am. I waited all morning and was going crazy, but calm. I just had a good feeling about it. He called me at one and said he just got done with the interview and it was the best interview that he had ever had. He would be surprised if he didn't get the job. The Regional that interviewed him, was a male for one, and had alot of the same ideas that Ket has always had. So they got along great! The next day he got a second interview and then on Monday they offered him the job. Yea... On Tuesday he accepted it! The best part is that they knew he was going to school and that he was going to continue his schooling. They said that that was fine, as long as things were covered at the hotel. It is a smaller hotel then the one that he was GM over, so that means less pay... but less headache as well. More low key. He can stay on track and still finish school on the same time line as before! What a blessing this is. We figured there would be about 9months or so when he was done with school and waiting to get into the program. Now he will have a job. I am still amazed at this turn of events. The only draw back is the fact that he will be at work or school most of the time. I told him that was ok, because it is only temporary. We will get through it... We will survive and we will be ok! Yea!
I feel like I have posted a lot this month, and I still have to write about Kassia turning five, and our ten year anniversary is tomorrow. I know that one thing is for sure, when you record things in your life, then you find more wonderful things to record. I have seen it this month first hand. I am so grateful to all those people who kept us going, who did little things to brighten our day, like one day a couple of weeks ago, there was dinner on our front porch from someone in the ward. They had cookies, bread, salad, noodles, and sauce. How thoughtful that was of them. Thank you. It seems like there are a lot of little things like that have been shown us these last six months. Blessing, a whole other post!
9 comments:
I am glad to here things are looking up for you guys! Tell Ket good luck w/ school and work. It can be a delicate balance and we went through it while Garrett both worked full-time and went to school full-time. I made myself a rule that I couldn't complain if he was gone because of either one of those. So I only complained about him doing Scouts. :-)
Tell Ket good luck and congrats for us!
Congrats! We'd been wondering how things were going so thanks for the update!
Oh Nicole and Ket, your Faith is a lesson for me. You guys have driven your lives in complete Faith. I am so proud of you both. Ket, I know you will do wonderful with your job and school. You are an ambitious man. I admire you greatly. I wish you blessings and love
That's great news Nicole! Tell Ket congrats for me! My cousin works in the hotel industry in Boise. Let me know what hotel it is, and maybe she can work for Ket. She's a great person. Also, have you heard about krazycouponlady.blogspot.com? She's in your area, has LOTS of great deals! Last week, we could have gotten post cereals for 27 cents each! ARGH. I missed that one. Just thought you might want to know. I saw something on there today about free bowling all summer. :)
Woot woot! You guys are doing what is right and being so blessed for it!
Congrats to Ket! What a blessing! Glad to hear that things are looking up!
Hooray! I am so happy for you guys!
congrats, guys! That is so great! I am thrilled for you!!
I am SO SO happy for you guys...you guys have ridden the storm, and won!
Post a Comment