I can not believe how fast this summer has just flown by. The kids start school on the 31st of this month and then it will just be me and the two boys at home. I hope that Kasen can handle it. He really misses Kassia and Jesiah when they are not around.
To catch up with what the kids have been doing....
Jesiah can read chapter books now, and he loves it! I am so impressed with how well he can read. There is a whole new world out there for him. I am not sure how to handle it. What books do I get for him now.... how much is he really understanding? Any suggestions would be great.
Kassia can now ride her two wheeler without training wheels. She LOVES that she can got anywhere her big brother can go. It took her a while to get it, she is so timid. It took about two weeks of practicing and then she got it. It has been fun to watch her experience the freedom of the street. Now both kids ask to go out front and ride bikes. Yea for more things to do outside!
Kasen has been very frustrated this summer, he is not old enough to go to friends houses with the other two, and ever time they leave he gets so upset. He has learned to ride his tricycle. Some friends gave it to us, it is one of those red flyer ones. He looks very cute on it. For the most part he does a good job on staying on the side walk and going just two house away and then turning around. He has also learned how to get the safety door latches off the door. So sometimes he will take a nap and sometimes he will not. I hope that he gets over being so frustrated so much of the time. He really gets mad so easy, the two older ones have learned to just give in. Not the best solution.
Jaren turned one on the 13th! Yea... He is also walking. He started walking last week, a couple of days before his birthday. He loves it. He still is crawling when he wants to get someplace fast, but I don't think it will be long that he stops crawling all together. He is a sweet baby... He also moved from our room to the upstairs... He sleeps in the room at the top of the stairs now, all by himself. I love it! Now he doesn't wake up in the middle of the night and want to sleep with us. (and if he does, I don't hear him!) He is eating everything we eat, drinking whole milk, and seems to find a way to stand up in his high chair even after I have buckled him in.
Lets see... what else. Brandi my sister got Married on the first of this month. We were not able to go to the wedding because we had already made plans to go to California for the weekend. Ket was invited to go to the transplant picnic, where he would see his doctor and Nurse that helped him to live. He had his transplant about 19 years ago and they were all excited to see him... he is the story that they tell to all the parents of the best possible turn out of a liver transplant. I don't think I really realized how lucky and blessed Ket is in his life. The transplant worked it is simple as that, it work! I met so many families that it did not work the first time, or they were in and out of hospitals for years with complications... we met a man who had his transplant the same year that Ket had his, (they were both about 12) and he has been in and out of hospitals every year, just got a bill of good health last year and now is engaged. Wow.... I mean Ket didn't miss a beat... He continued school, went to college, went on a mission, we got married in 1999 and we have had four kids. It was a great picnic and I took a ton of pictures. I will have to have a post with all pictures.
While we were in California, we also got to see Ket's brother's new Wife. Yea he got married too! She is a cutie! She feel in love with the kids and I don't think she put Jaren down except for me to feed him and put him to bed. She doesn't speak any English, but is learning, and so I didn't get to talk to her very much. But I did tell Ket's brother Keo that he need to give her a baby to take care... she is home all alone, all day, and needs something to do! We will see when that happens. We had a good visit with his family and those that came to see us on Sunday. We drove back home Monday and Ket had to go straight back to to work. Ket's little brother has been living with us for about 11 months and he decided to move back to California. He moved out the first of Aug. Drove back the same time we all went down there. The kids miss him, but I have to confuse that I do enjoy having my house back. That is how Jaren is out of our room now.
The kids had swim lessons this year, only one session because that is all we could afford. Both of them wanted to do it more then just the two weeks... They just love the water! I think that Jesiah should join a swim team, he loves, loves to swim and I think it would be good for him. I will have to look into that.
Ket and I are doing good... The only new news is that I have a new calling. I am the first councilor in the primary now. I LOVE, LOVE being in primary. It has been a fun calling so far. If you have this calling I would love to hear your ideas on sharing time and how thing are run in your ward! Only been doing it for about three weeks. Life will get even busier once school starts for Ket. He starts next week... It was a nice break while it lasted!
Ok, well I think that is it for today, I will post pictures later!
2 comments:
Wow-it has been a long time since you blogged and it seems like a long time since I have seen you guys! Summer has gone by so fast! That is good that Jaren is able to have his own room now-I am sure it is nice to have him out of yours! I can't believe he is walking already! What a sweetie! LOVE YOU.
Finally, I thought you got lost somehwere. I can't believe summer is almost over here too. My kids start on Monday and I start Tuesday. I love hearing about your kids and you and Ket, it is such a great way to keep up.
Post a Comment