Saturday, 11 years ago Ket and I were married in the Boise Idaho Temple. The day was bright, the tulips were a perfect shade of red, and yellow with little purple flowers all over the temple grounds. We met in the parking lot to walk into the temple together. My parents, Ket and I.
We walked into the temple and I reached for my fresh temple recommend. I could not find it. I went back to the car to see if I had left it there. I searched everywhere in the car. A sinking feeling came over me. I knew I had, had it just that morning, it was sitting on the night stand next to my bed. It wasn't with me now. What was I going to do?
Ok, that is really what happened. Strange that, that morning was so important, so many wonderful things happened and yet that is what came to mind as I started to write. It took a lot of calling people like my Bishop back in Rexburg, and the Stake President in Rexburg before I could go into the temple. I was so embarrassed. Of course after we were married, after the lunch-in at the Olive Garden with family and friends that came, on our way up to McCall to the "honeymoon" cabin, Ket and I had a good laugh about it. Well maybe not a good laugh, just in awe that we made it through the day!
All in All, we have had 11 years of Marriage, I won't lie and say it has all been bliss but I can not imagine having doing this by myself. Ket is my best friend, my partner and the dad to my beautiful children. Marriage is a hard thing to do, combing two people to one idea of raising and teaching the kids and compromising with each other. Overall, I have enjoyed the Journey and look forward to the next 11 years.
Thank you Ket!
1 comment:
Wow Nicole, I didn't know that you misplaced your temple recommend when you and Ket got married. Happy 11 yrs Nicole and Ket!!! :D
Post a Comment