So I have learned to play the game. What Game you might ask, well the game of the banks! We will not be losing our house that is rented out. Yes, we made it through it and now we get to keep it and at a rate that I wanted. We got the news on Tuesday in the mail. I was very excited.
To back up just a little after the last time I got their response, something that would not just work at all... I called and called a whole bunch of different people all worked for Wells Fargo. At last, about a week into it... (because you only have ten days to decide) I talked to someone that told me to write a letter and tell them what I would like to see happen. How the loan would work best for us. So I did write the letter, and then I reapplied. Started over, sent in all the same work, changing some things, and include the letter. But this time I listed the house to be sold. Just in case nothing happened in the positive. So with less then ten days for the house to be auctioned off. (Now remember I began this processes in January, and it took them almost four months to come up with a new loan... that was a joke) So I was elated when I found out that the auctioned date had been post-poned and thought it would at lease take that same amount of time. Nope This time it only took them 3 weeks. Wow, they sure can move fast when they want to. I got the call saying that the monthly payment was going down and the interest rate is 4.25 percent instead of the 6.5 percent. Wow. The best part is that during this processing time, they sent back the money that we had come up with in the beginning. I held onto the 3000 dollars just in case they asked for it again. Now it is sitting in our rental account for that day that we don't have the house rented, or need to replace the carpet, or what ever it is. It is now an egg-nest for the house.
So I guess the lesson learned is that you just have to learn to play the game and not give up. I know that every situation is different and am very grateful that this worked out for us. One for the good of the people!
No comments:
Post a Comment